Predicting 6A & 5A Classification 2017

mjuhb

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never read that. I read that they wanted an equal split after the meeting in July. I reread it again about an hour ago. I do not know where you are getting that information. Not saying you are wrong but I have not read that at all. Even Childress addressed keeping the classes even.

Geography 

Maybe so but I have not read or heard of this until now. Everything that has been said and quoted says even split.

There is no way to evenly distribute 49 to 48 teams east to west into 8 regions. You can have 1-4 with 27 teams & 5-8 with 21 teams 

The tssaa have backed themselves into a corner they can't get out of. 

Edited by mjuhb

There is no way to evenly distribute 49 to 48 teams east to west into 8 regions. You can have 1-4 with 27 teams & 5-8 with 21 teams

The tssaa have backed themselves into a corner they can't get out of.

Sure they can. Same philosophy as usually. It's not really good but we'll fix it in a couple of years.

Bearden 2063

Hardin Valley 2035

William Blount 1818

Farragut 1734

Maryville 1684

Heritage 1559

I like the idea of playing Farragut again. They seem to be doing better than they were when we played them last.

It's hard to believe how much Maryville has grown since the old 3 classification format when y'all were a 2A school. Y'all are as big as OR now as we were back in our heyday. We are down to 1350 students or so. Crazy how time changes things.

I dont believe thats right for Ooltewah....9th grade is included(totally seperate from 10-12),should stay in 5a

You got to understand HCDE mentality. If they could arrange it, no Hamilton County school would go out side the county to play a game of any kind, until the playoffs so they would not have any travel expense. Back when we went to the 5 classification set up, they changed school zones around to lower school populations to accomplish that.