CLINTON DRAGONS 2017?

92Dragon

Not so sure that is enough punishment

I know this is a Clinton thread, and I will probably get BBQed over this statement and that is fine, but I find it disgusting that the student is getting a more harsh penalty than the adult(s) who allowed him to break the rules.  

And I would still say that if it were my alma mater, my son's alma mater, or any school that I am or have been affiliated with.  It's supposed to be about the kids.  Period.  

There's no gray area here.  He wasn't a student at the school he went through spring practice with, and the fact that a student isn't allowed to do that is spelled out very clearly in the TSSAA handbook.  

Be in interesting to see of the Anderson County School System goes any deeper with consequences. 

Edited by HTV

I know this is a Clinton thread, and I will probably get BBQed over this statement and that is fine, but I find it disgusting that the student is getting a more harsh penalty than the adult(s) who allowed him to break the rules.  

And I would still say that if it were my alma mater, my son's alma mater, or any school that I am or have been affiliated with.  It's supposed to be about the kids.  Period.  

There's no gray area here.  He wasn't a student at the school he went through spring practice with, and the fact that a student isn't allowed to do that is spelled out very clearly in the TSSAA handbook.  

Be in interesting to see of the Anderson County School System goes any deeper with consequences. 

Nothing much to argue with there HTV.  Bottom line, this is a major fail by the Clinton coaching staff and the kid will bare the brunt of the punishment.  However, I believe even though he is ineligible to play he can still practice with the team.  It will be interesting to watch if the district has any further punishments.