Mairvul goes two Okelund (badd spellurs edishun')

STARSNBARS

batman what did all the rebels fans face look like when they found out how right Compton was. I'm sure priceless.

You need a sling. I'm sure your arm is broken from patting yourself on the back. Didn't you forecast a regular season Bradley win over Maryville? Blind squirrels do find acorns now and again.

An inch too short...a step too slow. Incredible instincts At the LB position. I thought no he helped himself tonight. We will see.

T. D. made some big time plays against Oakland. If his performance last night doesn't seal the deal with the high major teams who are looking at him, then there's really nothing else he can do. Of course, he's been making those type of plays for four years so it has to be a size/speed issue that has kept the big boys from offering. Hopefully the fact that he made plays against an athletic team like Oakland will help his stock.

Edited by Norman Dale

T. D. made some big time plays against Oakland. If his performance last night doesn't seal the deal with the high major teams who are looking at him, then there's really nothing else he can do. Of course, he's been making those type of plays for four years so it has to be a size/speed issue that has kept the big boys from offering. Hopefully the fact that he made plays against an athletic team like Oakland will help his stock.

Best LB in the state. Smaller fellers can play!

Like i said in an earlier post if you take the label and mystique off of Maryville, an both teams played all season with plain helmets, jerseys then this game wouldn't have been so hype, we all clearly would known 1 team was on a different level

I said this has the making of a running clock, well i was a hail mary and a goal line stand away from it

First of all, congratulations to Oakland for winning against a very tough opponent.

Now, Compton, you, like some from West Tennesseeans in years past make a big deal out of Maryville's "mystique". There is no mystique about their success. I have watched Maryville for afar and up close for their entire run. Alcoa's as well. And a few other teams over the years, like Cleveland during their great run of the 90's.

The real answer is a great coach, a good system, people who buy in, and some talented players. THAT is ALL. Maryville is beatable, has always been beatable, but to do so you had to have a better team, a great coaching staff to get them ready, and go out and play. That has been the hard thing to find, better teams, who do that.

IF Maryville really had that "Mystique" they would not have lost 2 of the last 4 Championship games. :) Time to stop being jealous of success and recognize someone doing something that is VERY hard to do like Maryville and Alcoa have done.

Last night Oakland proved to be the better team. Now they got to prove they are the best by winning one more game.

First of all, congratulations to Oakland for winning against a very tough opponent.

Now, Compton, you, like some from West Tennesseeans in years past make a big deal out of Maryville's "mystique". There is no mystique about their success. I have watched Maryville for afar and up close for their entire run. Alcoa's as well. And a few other teams over the years, like Cleveland during their great run of the 90's.

The real answer is a great coach, a good system, people who buy in, and some talented players. THAT is ALL. Maryville is beatable, has always been beatable, but to do so you had to have a better team, a great coaching staff to get them ready, and go out and play. That has been the hard thing to find, better teams, who do that.

IF Maryville really had that "Mystique" they would not have lost 2 of the last 4 Championship games. :) Time to stop being jealous of success and recognize someone doing something that is VERY hard to do like Maryville and Alcoa have done.

Last night Oakland proved to be the better team. Now they got to prove they are the best by winning one more game.

Um, there is definitely a mystique around Maryville. Most teams that go into a game with Maryville are already defeated in their own minds before kickoff -or- they go in thinking they can win if they make big plays and try to force it instead of just playing their game. How many good teams have we seen play Maryville and make all kinds of uncharacteristic mistakes and try to do too much? For example, a great running team completely abandoning the run game after they get down a score or two and passing themselves right into a blowout loss. Edited by SovietAlnwick

Um, there is definitely a mystique around Maryville. Most teams that go into a game with Maryville are already defeated in their own minds before kickoff -or- they go in thinking they can win if they make big plays and try to force it instead of just playing their game. How many good teams have we seen play Maryville and make all kinds of uncharacteristic mistakes and try to do too much? For example, a great running team completely abandoning the run game after they get down a score or two and passing themselves right into a blowout loss.

Sorry, I am just not a believer in that stuff. In the games Bradley has played against them, I have not seen them do anything but run the offense and defense they run normally. They get beat by better play.