Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

Congratulations to Coach Hunt. One of the things that made Coach Quarles the coach he was is that he has great coaches around  him and he would be the first to tell you that. One of the keys to his success is the "system" that is in place. And the system can now move forward. We are in good hands. 

I'm sure he will do great, but a 27 year old coaching 17-18 year olds as The Head Coach will be tough. That's a young coach to be over the best program in the state of Tennessee.

Also add in 5 previous HCs on staff could be a potential hurdle. It is easy to follow GQ when he was the HBC but will there be any potential problems having a young man giving the direction?

This is no knock on Coach Hunt, but from an outside observer that could be a potential obstacle that I am sure he will overcome if there is an issue. I would venture to say Hunt was recommended by GQ and that carries a lot of weight.

Also add in 5 previous HCs on staff could be a potential hurdle. It is easy to follow GQ when he was the HBC but will there be any potential problems having a young man giving the direction?

This is no knock on Coach Hunt, but from an outside observer that could be a potential obstacle that I am sure he will overcome if there is an issue. I would venture to say Hunt was recommended by GQ and that carries a lot of weight.

There will be no obstacles from the assistant coaches. Coach Hunt was groomed for this job and has their full support. And yes, I speak for them :) Edited by rebelwoman87

Everybody close to the Program knew this day was coming , most of us just thought it would be about 5 more years ... either way , it doesn't change the fact that Derek is an exceptional young Man . He has been standing beside Coach Quarles the past 7 years on the Sideline , and before that he was Coached by Coach Quarles for 4 years ... after I checked with Starz on the Math , that adds up to 11 years of Quality Quarles time ... not too shabby . 

If my memory serves me correctly Derek went all the way through pee wee football til his last game with the Rebels never losing a game during his entire football career until he lost at Maryville College. Can you imagine going 45-0 in high school during your three years and undefeated as a freshman also and spending another seven years walking beside and learning from GQ. Don't think you could look the world over and find a better possibility to take over the program and run with it. I'm just glad they made a quick decision before I started to have nightmares someone had came in and changed the offense over to a wing T.

If my memory serves me correctly Derek went all the way through pee wee football til his last game with the Rebels never losing a game during his entire football career until he lost at Maryville College. Can you imagine going 45-0 in high school during your three years and undefeated as a freshman also and spending another seven years walking beside and learning from GQ. Don't think you could look the world over and find a better possibility to take over the program and run with it. I'm just glad they made a quick decision before I started to have nightmares someone had came in and changed the offense over to a wing T.

I'd forgot about that , that was Derek wasn't it that went all those years without losing ! Unbelievable . The Young man is a winner through and through ... he has looked up and admired and wanted to Emulate Coach Quarles nearly his whole life . His age doesn't bother me a bit because 11 years learning from Quarles would be something any High School Coach in America would Love to have on their Resume !!

I'd forgot about that , that was Derek wasn't it that went all those years without losing ! Unbelievable . The Young man is a winner through and through ... he has looked up and admired and wanted to Emulate Coach Quarles nearly his whole life . His age doesn't bother me a bit because 11 years learning from Quarles would be something any High School Coach in America would Love to have on their Resume !!

Coach Hunts age hasn't bothered other programs either. He has been pursued by other schools when a head coach position has opened. Edited by rebelwoman87