OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, boyfromsi said:

I thought we had a good day.  Like GIjoe said, we spread the ball around very well.  Martin and Mitchell had good days, actually Mitchell had a great day.  I like the speed we present on defense.  If our line play can hold up, we should have a good year there.  We are young and we did some young team things this morning (too many blown coverages), but those can be fixed in the next 3 weeks.  Looking forward to the Heritage scrimmage on the 28th.

OR definitely had some athletes out there. I thought Alcoa's 1s did a good job against them. Never can tell much from 7 on 7 though.  Once you get to Friday night and add the pads and the big guys with a hand on the ground, then we can see who's for real. 

I thought I saw mention about a player had transferred to HVA from Karns  and was a probable starter at safety and receiver --- maybe in Sunday's story. Other than that it was all Webb.

I don't believe the News Sentinel has near as many on staff as used to. I think many that cover high school sports are independent and mainly contracted for stories on games nights.

Newspapers are almost a thing of the past. Most stories of anything are instantaneous on the "net" now. Many cities near the size of Knoxville only have major publications 3 or 4 days a week now.

22 hours ago, HSfootballan said:

I don't believe the News Sentinel has near as many on staff as used to. I think many that cover high school sports are independent and mainly contracted for stories on games nights.

Newspapers are almost a thing of the past. Most stories of anything are instantaneous on the "net" now. Many cities near the size of Knoxville only have major publications 3 or 4 days a week now.

Yup, KNS cut many staff members, including most of their prep writers, years ago. Most of the prep content is now provided by independent writers/contractors, especially when it comes to covering individual games.

26 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Yup, KNS cut many staff members, including most of their prep writers, years ago. Most of the prep content is now provided by independent writers/contractors, especially when it comes to covering individual games.

What's up buddy? Good to see you on. How're things looking for the Powell Panthers? Are things starting to get better there slowly but surely?

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

What's up buddy? Good to see you on. How're things looking for the Powell Panthers? Are things starting to get better there slowly but surely?

Good to hear from you SS. Going to be another tough year for the Panthers, IMO.

Their numbers are up, they should be improved (talent-wise), and they have a more manageable schedule. That said, I just don't think we're going to see much of an improved product on the field in 2017. Frankly, I'm not sure if this staff is capable of digging this program out of the hole that it's been in. Still crazy to think how far things fell back in 2014, and the damage that the program has suffered as a result.

Bottom line, they are still losing too much talent to other programs, and on top of that, they are dealing with "Karns syndrome"; there's talent in the hallways that just won't come out for football.