My Murphy Fair book

Roy Dillard

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Lots of good things about Murphy's book. Always enjoy reading through it and the conversations it starts. 

No new sheriff. Rankin is still the man. All three coaches mentioned are very successful. However, not sure comparing a coach nearly at 400 wins is the same as not even 200 wins. Maybe there is a new deputy.

If you'll read my original post again, you see the comparison was to Coach George Quarles who held the highest win percentage in the State prior to leaving Maryville.   The "new sheriff" reference was in regard to "win percentage" only.   Nobody will ever touch Coach Rankins total win mark.    I'm a friend of his and fan of his, but it's hard to argue with what Quarles did at Maryville over the past 17 years.

19 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I have never purchased one. can you tell me is there enough info to justify the cost and drive to go get it or can I read most of the info online?

Donovan Stewart gives you pretty much the same info online for free. And it seems like more coaches fill out his survey nowadays.  You think I'm pulling your leg but I ain't 

4 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Donovan Stewart gives you pretty much the same info online for free. And it seems like more coaches fill out his survey nowadays.  You think I'm pulling your leg but I ain't 

I garuntee you are full of mess. My buddy Murphy has a lot better book and pole than that Stewart man.  It makes me real mad when these coaches are lazy and dont turn in Murphys survey.  You think im joking but im not. 

4 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

I garuntee you are full of mess. My buddy Murphy has a lot better book and pole than that Stewart man.  It makes me real mad when these coaches are lazy and dont turn in Murphys survey.  You think im joking but im not. 

Pucky. Of course Murph has a better book Donovan doesn't put out a book but lately Murphy's poles have been laughable.  And more coaches fill out Donovan's survey.  

Edited by WarEagleCartman

43 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Pucky. Of course Murph has a better book Donovan doesn't put out a book but lately Murphy's poles have been laughable.  And more coaches fill out Donovan's survey.  

Because he always has Smith Co. And Gordonsville in them regardless.  The self-anointed guru has to keep the kinfolks happy.

10 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Not true. Does Stewart have a page or more of indepth information on every team (*that takes a few minutes to fill out a survey)?

Murphy Fair sends out a survey every year in late March-early April.  Donovan Stewart sends out a survey every year in May.

I think that Murphy Fair is and deserves the title of "The Guru" as it relates to high school football in the state of Tennessee.  He envisioned a product when it didn't exist and made something special out of it.  It has to be if it's 30 years old and people are still eager to want it.  The only thing that Murphy doesn't do as good of a job at nowadays is to keep his website up to date from the start of football season, every week throughout the season, and all throughout the offseason.  This is where people refer to CoachT.com and the message boards much more so than his website.  

Donovan Stewart does a better job today of staying on top of the latest news and coaching headlines all year long.  It doesn't matter if it's George Quarles leaving Maryville in December or Orenthus Taylor leaving Trezevant in June.  He stays up to date with everything.  

Edited by howdoitknow
  • Upvote 1