Offishull Catholick att Mairvul thread

STARSNBARS

8 hours ago, tucker52 said:

Best high school game I have ever seen in person.  Aside from the questionable calls,  The muffed punt snap and the turnover determined the game for Catholic.    On to the next one, time to get ready for Baylor. 

GO IRISH

i'd bet that the ref cause that, too

13 minutes ago, strongx said:

After having some time to consider, that catlick team is unbelievably talented. Hard to believe they play with the publics. Realistically, they should have dogstomped murvil. But...shoulda, woulda, coulda.

And congrats to the young ball coach. He's a heckuva leader that has a community pulling for him. I hope Butch got a good look, he can learn a lot from DH. Instead, he will sign some  mega stars that nobody else really wants.

I think Catholic has a few great players that stand out for sure but I think the MO for Maryville for years has been superior discipline and execution, as well  I think they typically have more good HS players and fewer personnel weaknesses than their opponents and last night proved that out. 

There is no way that Catholic or anybody else from around here is going to come to MHS and dog stomp the Rebels anytime soon.

32 minutes ago, strongx said:

After having some time to consider, that catlick team is unbelievably talented. Hard to believe they play with the publics. Realistically, they should have dogstomped murvil. But...shoulda, woulda, coulda.

And congrats to the young ball coach. He's a heckuva leader that has a community pulling for him. I hope Butch got a good look, he can learn a lot from DH. Instead, he will sign some  mega stars that nobody else really wants. #takeyourhelmetoff #yellatotherteamssideline

Yeah and Matthews whinning refs in the paper this morning. Try reeling your team in a little.

No dog in this fight, but watched the game on the internet and wow what a barnburner.  For Catholic fans complaining about the officiating, I just don't see it.  The holding calls that were called were clearly holding.  

On the "takedown" that resulted in a holding call, an OL taking a defender down is not why they called holding--they called holding because he continued to lie on the defender with his hands on the defender's body.  Good OL coaches (which I'm sure Catholic has) coach their players if you fall on top of a defender hold out your hands so the refs can see you're not holding; 68 didn't do that, so he got the flag.

The few missed calls I saw actually cut in Catholic's favor; there were at least two late hits out of bounds that didn't get flagged.

Overall, this game was decided by the players.  Both teams are incredibly good; the Rebels just executed slightly better in the final minutes of the game.

1 hour ago, Warriors2011 said:

No dog in this fight, but watched the game on the internet and wow what a barnburner.  For Catholic fans complaining about the officiating, I just don't see it.  The holding calls that were called were clearly holding.  

On the "takedown" that resulted in a holding call, an OL taking a defender down is not why they called holding--they called holding because he continued to lie on the defender with his hands on the defender's body.  Good OL coaches (which I'm sure Catholic has) coach their players if you fall on top of a defender hold out your hands so the refs can see you're not holding; 68 didn't do that, so he got the flag.

The few missed calls I saw actually cut in Catholic's favor; there were at least two late hits out of bounds that didn't get flagged.

Overall, this game was decided by the players.  Both teams are incredibly good; the Rebels just executed slightly better in the final minutes of the game.

Good post.

Also agree with mhs, Matthews crying in the KNS doesn't do his team any good.