After today. I'm done with the NFL!!

Big Bigby

After today's total disrepectful display against our Nation's Flag and National Anthem by ballteams.... I'm done!... I will not support, nor watch, nor go to another NFL game.

I will get my football fix by watching College and High School games until this sickness infects them!  

#No Fans Left

Edited by Big Bigby

7 minutes ago, PAS said:

What happened I missed it?

Several teams today including Tennessee stayed in the locker room today during the National anthem.

Only 1 player, for Pittsburgh, Alejandro Villanueva, a former Army Ranger, stood all alone with his hand over his heart in support of his National Emblem and Anthem. 

Done with it, I'm telling ya!

Jerry Jones' statement to his team the Dallas Cowboys today is the only ray of hope getting me to return!

Edited by Big Bigby

This is an interesting topic of discussion. I use sports as a leisure activity to get away from all of the stressful things in the world. I just hate that politics have infiltrated into the sports media as much as they have. When I sit down to watch a game, I don't care if the quarterback is a left wing liberal or if the middle linebacker is a conservative. I miss the days of getting to kick back & escape from the world's problems & enjoy a game. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Polarsloth said:

Wouldn't bother me if they did away with the NFL. 

If you enjoy any level of football you shouldn't want to get rid of the professional level.

The level of interest from kids and parents would drop (at some extent) at the lower levels without the lure of possibly one day being a millionaire.

How many kids with top notch ability would instead opt to focus on baseball or basketball?

Not only that but it would probably make it all the more likely that at some point more restrictions are placed on the sport due to head trauma.

12 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

This is an interesting topic of discussion. I use sports as a leisure activity to get away from all of the stressful things in the world. I just hate that politics have infiltrated into the sports media as much as they have. When I sit down to watch a game, I don't care if the quarterback is a left wing liberal or if the middle linebacker is a conservative. I miss the days of getting to kick back & escape from the world's problems & enjoy a game. 

I agree. I go to a game every Friday night even if its not a team I follow. This Friday I will likely be going to Friendship Christian vs MJ Christian. It looks like it could be a fun game.

The reason I go is to get out of the house and just enjoy the atmosphere after a week of being stuck inside at work.

I think its just a product of us living in a more connected society with the internet and media being at our fingertips on a 24x7 basis. And as such celebrities and athletes can now use their exposure to express their views and agendas.

At the end of the day its like everything else. We just have to make a decision whether or not we want to follow. If it bothers you then don't watch. The same as it always has been with every other medium (print, television, music etc.)

7 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Don't worry...Empty stadiums will take care of this attitude. When owners aint bringing in the cash and money is cut off, America will become a pretty good place to respect.

People won't pay to watch multi millionaires complain about being done wrong 

That is kinda the line in the sand. Are the fans concerned more about the product on the field or what the players do during the national anthem?

Judging by the Titans game today the majority of those fans were far more excited about the game than what went on before it.

• CoachT locked this topic