After today. I'm done with the NFL!!

Big Bigby

3 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

I agree, if it were one of their kids or loved ones in the military fighting or laying down their lives I'm sure they would fill a lot different! The freedom we have today is because there was men that stood and gave their life so we could have the freedom that we have today and I'm glad I live where I do and I'm thankful for the ones that has stood for our country!! A nation that forgets GOD will be cast into heck!! Look at America!

"Thankful"...that's the key word 

7 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yes they have a right to protest...but not at work! Too bad owners don't have a backbone.

I have a right to wear shorts and a tank top, but not at work...they are at work and people PAY them to work, not "protest"...and exactly what are they protesting??

I honor God first and he's blessed us with freedom and a country that stands ready to help all others...that deserves to also be honored and respected 

I stand for the national anthem and I'm proud of this country.  They have every right to kneel if that's what they want to do.  The NFL owners stand by their players rights.  I never said I agree with it or not.  If you can't wear shorts and tank top to work it's prolly because of a dress code or safety issue.

I honor God first also.   If they wanna kneel or lay on their belly, I really couldn't care less.

26 minutes ago, Polarsloth said:

Buddy 99 % of kids that play the great sport of football know they are not going pro. 

In high school that might not be too far off. I would bet its probably closer to 90% know that they are not going pro.

But in middle school and pee wee football.... Those kids all think they are gonna go pro. And that is where it all starts.

The biggest issue still remains. Your elite athletes are not gonna play a sport with no professional level where they risk getting all these injuries. They would play other sports instead where they still have a potential career.

No professional level in addition to the concussions would kill the future of the sport.

America likes to be entertained.  People can't get enough.  In today's society everyone has a platform and everyone is tied together by social media.. We have all become a journalist or an expert analyst of sorts.    Everything is at our finger tips.  People get shot and killed or wounded just by going to church.  People are more divided now than ever.  From one end of the globe to the other.  How far will be be divided?   We will get so divided till the whole world will turn to the evil one.  And guess what?  We won't have any rights then either.  The only kneeling this world will do will be to him.   We won't even be able to buy, trade  or sell without the mark.   Off base?   I think not.   Reach out to your fellow man and lend a helping hand.  A bunch of suffering going on. The only shoes we walk in are our own.   

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yes they have a right to protest...but not at work! Too bad owners don't have a backbone.

I have a right to wear shorts and a tank top, but not at work...they are at work and people PAY them to work, not "protest"...and exactly what are they protesting??

I honor God first and he's blessed us with freedom and a country that stands ready to help all others...that deserves to also be honored and respected 

Brother that's probably one of my favorite group of words and expression of any and from any one EVER on CoachT. Thanks bud and I will pull for the ones like Davis that takes a stand and the one that stood alone with his right hand over his heart. I have always disliked the Cowboys but I'll pull for them just for that reason. I'm not a Jerry Jones fan but respect that decision. Also I don't agree with all that OUR, yes OUR President has done and said but he is our President for now and I am suppose to pray for him and our Government. But I didn't agree with our former President either. But I prayed for him as well. I for one have a kid playing ball in Carter County, not football! She plays Basketball. If she ever, while under my roof, disrespected our Great Nations Flag I would be on the Court or wherever she was at right after the National Anthem was played and I promise she would stand with her right hand over her heart and look at that Great, Beautiful Flag that God has Blessed us with the next time. Respect starts at home in the younger years. And I mean respect all the way around. Parents, Elders, Teachers and I could go on. In my honest opinion, if they don't wanna stand at attention for Our American Flag and think about the ones that have gave their lives for our Freedom and for the ones that would love to be home watching a Football game with their Families or just be Home with their kids, but are in another Country right now. They should maybe catch a Jet and go play in another Country and take a major pay cut. That would let the ones play that deserve it. Any way I'll hush now but this has struck a cord in me as well. Thanks to the ones that take a stand and do what's right and set an example. Hope God Blesses them abundantly. Honestly they shouldn't play any NFL games during Church time any way. 

It disgust me that these players have put their hate toward Trump, their own personal beliefs, and what their buddies think before God and this country. It has always been an honor for me to stand at attention or with my hand over my heart during our country's national anthem. Many before me and myself have sacrificed alot for alot of people including NFL players to go to college and live a life of luxury that most of us never had. Start paying them what the average man makes and let's see how greatful they will become just to get paid to play a game instead of having to work yourself to an early grave so your descendants can have more. How could you not love your Lord and country after being blessed with the opportunity to play a game for a living. I will tell you what, it's this ungrateful spoiled,sissy, whining, instant gratification generation that has come up that will send this nation down the drain. It has been a long time sense blood has saturated our own soil as a result of a war. Sadly that is probably where we are heading since the previous POTUS has sewn the seeds of hate and division. Most of these grown children doesn't know what it's like to suffer. I am afraid the only thing that will wake them up is inevitable. I hope and pray it never comes to that, but we our well on our way.

19 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

It all started to bring attention to police brutality across this country.   Colin Kaepernick.    A lot of folks find different ways and use their platform to bring about attention to issues across this country.  

Attention is the main word in that message brother. There is a time and place for everything. And kneeling or whatever when our Nations Anthem is played at any event is NOT the time and place. Just my opinion tho. I Love watching pretty much any Football game but hate watching them kneel or however they show disrespect. And I won't watch it and neither will any one on my TV. Sad times but just fulfilling the Word. 

Just now, Gunner0331 said:

It disgust me that these players have put their hate toward Trump, their own personal beliefs, and what their buddies think before God and this country. It has always been an honor for me to stand at attention or with my hand over my heart during our country's national anthem. Many before me and myself have sacrificed alot for alot of people including NFL players to go to college and live a life of luxury that most of us never had. Start paying them what the average man makes and let's see how greatful they will become just to get paid to play a game instead of having to work yourself to an early grave so your descendants can have more. How could you not love your Lord and country after being blessed with the opportunity to play a game for a living. I will tell you what, it's this ungrateful spoiled,sissy, whining, instant gratification generation that has come up that will send this nation down the drain. It has been a long time sense blood has saturated our own soil as a result of a war. Sadly that is probably where we are heading since the previous POTUS has sewn the seeds of hate and division. Most of these grown children doesn't know what it's like to suffer. I am afraid the only thing that will wake them up is inevitable. I hope and pray it never comes to that, but we our well on our way.

Great post Brother

• CoachT locked this topic