After today. I'm done with the NFL!!

Big Bigby

Just now, foreveranole said:

Attention is the main word in that message brother. There is a time and place for everything. And kneeling or whatever when our Nations Anthem is played at any event is NOT the time and place. Just my opinion tho. I Love watching pretty much any Football game but hate watching them kneel or however they show disrespect. And I won't watch it and neither will any one on my TV. Sad times but just fulfilling the Word. 

I stand.  I've taught my children to stand.  I brought my girls up in Church.  I agree there's a time and place for everything.  Do I think these guys should stand?  Absolutely.  But I wouldn't take away their right not to.   

I can say what I want off the clock. I have every right to tell my boss to kiss my tail and he has every right to fire me.  That's what these players don't get. Protest by all means but do it on your own time. I saw pictures from the Thursday night 49ers game and you could have put the everyone in the stadium in 5 sections. When the owners start feeling the effects in their wallet things will change.

Edited by leadfarmer
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Reach out to your fellow man and lend a helping hand.  A bunch of suffering going on. The only shoes we walk in are our own.   

And exactly how many of these protesting on bended knee has spent their millions $$$ helping to end the "oppression" or try to help end the "poverty" of their own, or the killing of their own color of skin by the same color of their skin?

The 1st Amendment gives them the right to speak freely and express freely. The 2nd Amendment guarantees the 1st... And the Soldier who fights for both Rights stands on his amputated knees to salute that Flag and Anthem; who fought and lost his capabilities to stand on his 2 feet to Honor the Flag and Anthem that grants those Rights, doesn't deserve to have those symbols of Freedom disrespected in front of him and his/her brothers in arms in a protest that doesn't have a thing to do with but a very small percentage of bad cops doing the wrong thing.

They can protest all they want, they should pick a better way of protesting and a better venue to do it in, on their own time, and not on my dime!

https://youtu.be/bTWZy4ETCZs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big Bigby said:

And exactly how many of these protesting on bended knee has spent their millions $$$ helping to end the "oppression" or try to help end the "poverty" of their own, or the killing of their own color of skin by the same color of their skin?

The 1st Amendment gives them the right to speak freely and express freely. The 2nd Amendment guarantees the 1st... And the Soldier who fights for both Rights stands on his amputated knees to salute that Flag and Anthem; who fought and lost his capabilities to stand on his 2 feet to Honor the Flag and Anthem that grants those Rights, doesn't deserve to have those symbols of Freedom disrespected in front of him and his/her brothers in arms in a protest that doesn't have a thing to do with but a very small percentage of bad cops doing the wrong thing.

They can protest all they want, they should pick a better way of protesting and a better venue to do it in, on their own time, and not on my dime!

Thanks brother!! 

Edited by sum1uno

5 minutes ago, Big Bigby said:

Don't give them your dime.  You have every right not to.   Like I've said early,  I rarely watch the NFL and it started way before the kneeling.  

45 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I stand for the national anthem and I'm proud of this country.  They have every right to kneel if that's what they want to do.  The NFL owners stand by their players rights.  I never said I agree with it or not.  If you can't wear shorts and tank top to work it's prolly because of a dress code or safety issue.

I honor God first also.   If they wanna kneel or lay on their belly, I really couldn't care less.

I care as we're about to find out most Americans do.

If the owners had an ounce of moral fiber, they'd rule  that their players (employees) stood. Then they'd not have a "right" to protest on the job.

Protest in their own front yard? Yep...but not at work! Much like me in shorts and tank top

30 minutes ago, foreveranole said:

Brother that's probably one of my favorite group of words and expression of any and from any one EVER on CoachT. Thanks bud and I will pull for the ones like Davis that takes a stand and the one that stood alone with his right hand over his heart. I have always disliked the Cowboys but I'll pull for them just for that reason. I'm not a Jerry Jones fan but respect that decision. Also I don't agree with all that OUR, yes OUR President has done and said but he is our President for now and I am suppose to pray for him and our Government. But I didn't agree with our former President either. But I prayed for him as well. I for one have a kid playing ball in Carter County, not football! She plays Basketball. If she ever, while under my roof, disrespected our Great Nations Flag I would be on the Court or wherever she was at right after the National Anthem was played and I promise she would stand with her right hand over her heart and look at that Great, Beautiful Flag that God has Blessed us with the next time. Respect starts at home in the younger years. And I mean respect all the way around. Parents, Elders, Teachers and I could go on. In my honest opinion, if they don't wanna stand at attention for Our American Flag and think about the ones that have gave their lives for our Freedom and for the ones that would love to be home watching a Football game with their Families or just be Home with their kids, but are in another Country right now. They should maybe catch a Jet and go play in another Country and take a major pay cut. That would let the ones play that deserve it. Any way I'll hush now but this has struck a cord in me as well. Thanks to the ones that take a stand and do what's right and set an example. Hope God Blesses them abundantly. Honestly they shouldn't play any NFL games during Church time any way. 

:thumb:

I think we all agree that every AMERICAN has the right to protest or speak their minds...BUT that right isn't open everywhere. Up to owners to lay the law down! And that's EXACTLY what Trump did...he put the problem with employees in the laps of the business owners...He's nowhere near as dumb as libs try and make him out to be....BTW,  on a side note, THANK GOD the other didn't win office!!

3 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I care as we're about to find out most Americans do.

If the owners had an ounce of moral fiber, they'd rule  that their players (employees) stood. Then they'd not have a "right" to protest on the job.

Protest in their own front yard? Yep...but not at work! Much like me in shorts and tank top

I've already stated I wish they would stand and think they should.   I know I stand.  I can only be responsible for myself and the ones I raise.  You and I are more alike than you might think.   Let em kneel.  Let em crawl on their belly.  They are who they are.   

Just now, uknoit2 said:

I think we all agree that every AMERICAN has the right to protest or speak their minds...BUT that right isn't open everywhere. Up to owners to lay the law down! And that's EXACTLY what Trump did...he put the problem with employees in the laps of the business owners...He's nowhere near as dumb as libs try and make him out to be....BTW,  on a side note, THANK GOD the other didn't win office!!

Maybe they'll negotiate it into the collective bargaining agreement.  Be part of their contract to stand.  The owners can pay them more to stand.

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I've already stated I wish they would stand and think they should.   I know I stand.  I can only be responsible for myself and the ones I raise.  You and I are more alike than you might think.   Let em kneel.  Let em crawl on their belly.  They are who they are.   

ST, I've noticed we're  a lot alike thru the years...I now see clearer your meaning 

• Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic