South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

9 minutes ago, Chief6684 said:

If the QB from Whitwell doesn't get suspended I would say this game would have been different.

To hard to play that what if , he’s a far better athlete and midline on the keep was there for big yardage a couple times, but Warner easily could have been bad Warner and fumbled the ball a couple times, if WW fumbled it a couple times it would have been a landslide.

I got lots to say but gotta find my laptop lol, typing on this phone thing ain’t the same...

Great crowd, great atmosphere, great game. 1st, Old Pirate says Congrats to the Pirates on the "W". 2nd, Congrats to the Tigers for a tough hard fought game. OP warned that the Tigers deserve respect, tonight they opened some eyes. The Pirates were close on a couple drives to putting it away, but poor execution foiled them. That said, The officiating was obviously troublesome. Biggest, glaring problem was spotting the ball. SP suffered with 2 4th down stops and several other running play spots. The rematch should be another barn burner and the Pirates better improve to win the rematch. 

No doubt about it, Whitwell thought they should have won that game. They are a confident group. As much as they could have won, it could have also been a 3 score game. Good game. 2 teams that played hard. 2 teams that will play again. When you struggle throwing the ball like we do you can’t get yourself behind the chains. If you throw on 1st you need to connect otherwise you are making it hard on yourself against good defenses.

Edited by powerp

16 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

To hard to play that what if , he’s a far better athlete and midline on the keep was there for big yardage a couple times, but Warner easily could have been bad Warner and fumbled the ball a couple times, if WW fumbled it a couple times it would have been a landslide.

I got lots to say but gotta find my laptop lol, typing on this phone thing ain’t the same...

Whitwell did a great job of not turning the ball over tonight. That feat is hard to do in itself. They have a solid 1A team. No doubt about it. On a side note, there are some teams out there right now that will hurt Whitwell and SP's feelings if they don't play better. 

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Whitwell did a great job of not turning the ball over tonight. That feat is hard to do in itself. They have a solid 1A team. No doubt about it. On a side note, there are some teams out there right now that will hurt Whitwell and SP's feelings if they don't play better. 

You can only be the best by realizing , someone’s always better!!!

Great game tonight by 2 very good teams.  This one is an instant classic.   The first game of the year against Sequatchie they were driving for the possible opportunity to score and go for 2 and the win but were stopped twice late in the 4th qrt.   Tonight I thought we were about to see the last drive go against us and  Whitwell would score and go for 2 and the win.  Defense stepped up and never quit.  A lot of heart showed up on the last drive keeping Whitwell out of the end zone.  When you have opportunities to put the game away then we need to step up and do so.  We have a young team that's getting better each week.  These 2 games where we have depended on our defense to make a play in crunch time will be valuable experience coming down the home stretch.   An overflowing crowd was on hand as well.  Both sides have so much to be proud of.   

All in all just a  great atmosphere and what a finish to a great game.

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!   How bout them Pirates!!  

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Great game tonight by 2 very good teams.  This one is an instant classic.   The first game of the year against Sequatchie they were driving for the possible opportunity to score and go for 2 and the win but were stopped twice late in the 4th qrt.   Tonight I thought we were about to see the last drive go against us and  Whitwell would score and go for 2 and the win.  Defense stepped up and never quit.  A lot of heart showed up on the last drive keeping Whitwell out of the end zone.  When you have opportunities to put the game away then we need to step up and do so.  We have a young team that's getting better each week.  These 2 games where we have depended on our defense to make a play in crunch time will be valuable experience coming down the home stretch.   An overflowing crowd was on hand as well.  Both sides have so much to be proud of.   

Good post. I think both teams are solid. Not great by any means, but solid 1A teams. 

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Classy post!