Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

10 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

If they can name one of the assistants to an interim coach, I think they can salvage the season without too much trouble.  It just depends on how many players walk off in support of Sensabaugh.  From that letter, it doesn't sound like too many will go.  They should have enough to play the final 3 games, plus a playoff.  But this could have potentially been a year where they win 7 or 8 games and go down as a real high point in Crockett football.  Now, who knows which kids will stay or leave?  It's just a bad, bad situation for those kids.

Next year's going to be very weird.  GS doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's just going to walk off into the sunset and who knows if all the talent that Crockett's managed to develop won't just get fed up with all the drama and transfer to Greenville, Science Hill, or Boone.  Will the community be patient with the coach who has to pick up the pieces and rebuild all the bridges that GS burnt after they've come to finally expect wins from Crockett, or will they throw him under the bus since he could never know football as well as someone who played in the NFL.

Devil58 they released that Qualls was named interim HC. His offense was averaging over 40 points a game. Unfortunately GS was the DC and they were giving up close to 40 points a game. lol I guess he was to involve in being a community activist, instead of being a coach. I think things will be OK.  I Just got a report that all the key players have seen the light and will be at practice tomorrow. Should be an interesting game Friday. I will be there. Happy to be back supporting Pioneers!!!

• Like 1

Just heard GS has removed anything relating to Crockett football from his Facebook page and has deleted most of the posts he made over the last couple of weeks in regards to the problems with the school system. Also heard he said on the news tonight he would advise anyone not to send their child to Crockett.

4 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

Just heard GS has removed anything relating to Crockett football from his Facebook page and has deleted most of the posts he made over the last couple of weeks in regards to the problems with the school system. Also heard he said on the news tonight he would advise anyone not to send their child to Crockett.

And I would advise no one to ever let their child be coach by him!

2 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

This could end up being real bad for Crockett. My guess is that he'll probably advise the players he was close to to transfer to DB, SH, Boone etc.

Talk to a coach tonight, they said most of the kids are returning to practice tomorrow. I think they will be just fine under Qualls.

5 hours ago, Bucsback said:

Talk to a coach tonight, they said most of the kids are returning to practice tomorrow. I think they will be just fine under Qualls.

Hopefully that is what happens. JC Press and WCYB are reporting the community and parents are having a rally at Central Office from 3-8 and most of the players said they wouldn’t play, only a dozen or so kids showed up to practice.  Lots of talk to go through on both sides.

interesting response from both sides:  Halliburton states he never started posting on social media until he got a verbal warning for language and heard complaints against him from some parents and staff.  GS deleted the post about  oxycodine and let everything else stay.  I’ll say this, he’s either telling the truth about Kite or he isn’t and has opened himself up to a major personal lawsuit from Kite.

This thread is better than a lots of what's on TV these days. Evidently you can't make up stuff like this.

I do feel sorry for the players who are just kids and are being used as pawns in a fight between adults. My wife is a retired teacher and our three kids are all teachers so I support the school system here. As an outsider just reading posts, it appears that the (former) head coach is also a head case. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

12 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

I'd be interested to know if any other head coaches in the state had been previously arrested THREE times. All school employees must pass a background check, so I assume nothing there would have been bad enough to not hire. But we all know assuming does...

I think anything arrested and actually found guilty of as a felony would be what flags you as a no hire, but stars in the eyes NFL player, who would say no?  Actually lots of people, not the WC administration apparently.

12 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Stoops has started following Tennessee recruits on Twitter.  Kinda weird he would do that just out of the blue. We can only hope. At least he has proven he can coach in the big league. 

There is absolutely zero chance that Bob Stoops comes out of retirement to coach at Tennessee. It's not going to happen, for the same reason David Cutcliffe will ultimately retire at Duke. Back in 1988, Bob's dad (Ron Sr) died of a heart attack while coaching on the sidelines at Cardinal Mooney in Youngstown. He was just 54 years old at the time. Stoops is already 57, and I think a big part of the reason why he stepped down at OU was because he wasn't getting any younger, and the stress/pressure of coaching at a place like Oklahoma was wearing on him.

Doesn't explain why he suddenly started following recruits, but I just don't see a scenario where he would return to coaching, especially at a high-stress job like Tennessee.

Edited by osunut2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, soccer_fan said:

Why would you want a coach that's  been arrested? Not good role model for the kids. 

http://www.heraldcourier.com/news/nfl-player-gerald-sensabaugh-arrested-in-kingsport/article_c4bcb751-7150-58fa-81b0-a72a85ff17bd.html

I know a lot of good people"teachers,doctors,nurses etc" that's been arrested what's wrong with being arrested? I know one thing he's able to tell his story and the kids are going to listen besides someone who hasn't been in that situation. 

Edited by FBfan26