MCMINN CENTRAL!? ONLY FIELDING 11 NEXT YEAR

bradley99

47 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

The McMinn County administration won't ask him to leave because the administration places no real value on athletics in McMinn County, other than offering lip service.  Too many coaches at both county high schools don't do a good job, but they know they don't have to be accountable.

Agreed, athletics is not a priority. As long as some scandal doesn't come out then most athletic jobs in the county are safe.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, HasBeenHero said:

Agreed, athletics is not a priority. As long as some scandal doesn't come out then most athletic jobs in the county are safe.

You are correct, run a clean program and your record doesn't matter. I hate seeing these young talented athletes getting shortchanged during their high school time.

Central could be a solid program, but it is going to take someone with tons of energy, dedication, and ties to the community.  The other factor to success is going to be whether Englewood and Etowah can bury the old rivalry lines and join recreation programs so Central can create a dominate feeder program.  The county is not going to develop any middle schools throughout the county because that cost money and it would break up the small community feel that everyone likes for some strange reason.  I witnessed a few of the recreation practices over the years in both communities and they need to consolidate so the kids can have a solid practice environment.  Quit playing "daddy" ball and teach the youth how to play "football."  There is too much pride in the adults and it is killing the youth in those communities along with H.S. programs.  So if Central wants to win in football, it can be done but it is going to take a few things to make it happen:

1)  Must have a Head Coach dedicated to the kids and the program - can't take a vacation during football season and leave it with the assistant coaches.  You're the head man, lead for goodness sake!!! You lead the kids, I promise you that they will follow!!!  

2)  Set goals and expectations for the off-season and during the season.  Have a plan to achieve those goals.  It is called "work" and "organization," and you have to have it if you want to be successful, because "success" only comes before the word "work" in the dictionary.

3) The two communities have to swallow their pride and put these kids together in order to field a solid feeder program.  The H.S. coaches have to provide direction on what they want these kids to know when they get to H.S.  

4)  The communities need to take a look in the mirror each morning and ask, "Is average okay for my kid?"  Get out and support the kids, support the programs, and demand changes if the actions are not being taken to maximize the potential in the classroom and on the playing field.  There are some really good folks that bust their butts for those kids everyday and they are some who are just drawing a paycheck.  It should always be about the kids!!! 

It is just an opinion from an outsider looking in, and we all know what they say about opinions!!! 

20 hours ago, visorman said:

Central could be a solid program, but it is going to take someone with tons of energy, dedication, and ties to the community.  The other factor to success is going to be whether Englewood and Etowah can bury the old rivalry lines and join recreation programs so Central can create a dominate feeder program.  The county is not going to develop any middle schools throughout the county because that cost money and it would break up the small community feel that everyone likes for some strange reason.  I witnessed a few of the recreation practices over the years in both communities and they need to consolidate so the kids can have a solid practice environment.  Quit playing "daddy" ball and teach the youth how to play "football."  There is too much pride in the adults and it is killing the youth in those communities along with H.S. programs.  So if Central wants to win in football, it can be done but it is going to take a few things to make it happen:

1)  Must have a Head Coach dedicated to the kids and the program - can't take a vacation during football season and leave it with the assistant coaches.  You're the head man, lead for goodness sake!!! You lead the kids, I promise you that they will follow!!!  

2)  Set goals and expectations for the off-season and during the season.  Have a plan to achieve those goals.  It is called "work" and "organization," and you have to have it if you want to be successful, because "success" only comes before the word "work" in the dictionary.

3) The two communities have to swallow their pride and put these kids together in order to field a solid feeder program.  The H.S. coaches have to provide direction on what they want these kids to know when they get to H.S.  

4)  The communities need to take a look in the mirror each morning and ask, "Is average okay for my kid?"  Get out and support the kids, support the programs, and demand changes if the actions are not being taken to maximize the potential in the classroom and on the playing field.  There are some really good folks that bust their butts for those kids everyday and they are some who are just drawing a paycheck.  It should always be about the kids!!! 

It is just an opinion from an outsider looking in, and we all know what they say about opinions!!! 

Absolutely nailed it...This formula has been proven over and over around McMinn County, just not developed here. 

• 5 months later...
21 hours ago, BloodCharger said:

Yes, they are going through Spring Practice. I believe they are in the 2nd week of practice. They will play a scrimmage against Tellico Plains with the 11 players they are fielding next season. 

Sounds like some of them will have to play both ways.

On 5/8/2018 at 0:59 PM, BloodCharger said:

Yes, they are going through Spring Practice. I believe they are in the 2nd week of practice. They will play a scrimmage against Tellico Plains with the 11 players they are fielding next season. 

I am actually looking forward to scrimmage tonite.  Pretty good numbers for spring.  Really young group last year, with some pretty good looking kids.

On 5/15/2018 at 8:51 AM, logcabinman said:

I am actually looking forward to scrimmage tonite.  Pretty good numbers for spring.  Really young group last year, with some pretty good looking kids.

hard times for sure....tell u Logcabinman....Booger dont miss those days at all..and hopin we dont see um anytime again soon.....good luck

Booger just sayin :thumb: