2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

On 1/4/2018 at 11:49 AM, alumnicoach85 said:

No matter how beatable they are, they still should be #2 give them the respect they have earned the !st part of the year. Still no team from Tennessee has beat them since they so beatable.

Westview is LEGIT! 

Is this his own personal top 10?

South Side only has 2 losses? Not the same team from the last 2 years but have done enough to deserve respect.

Not sure if Cheatham beats Rossview tonight, it would be considered an upset.  I spoke with Hendersonville's coach and he said Rossview should not be a problem for them.  He should know, he has played both teams.  Lost to Rossview by 5 and Cheatham by 20.  That said, the Rossview girls and Cheatham girls have played together some on the AAU scene.  They know each other well.  The Rossview post player could be an issue if they can get by Cheatham's press.  Cheatham has a shot this year and next, since they basically return the same team next year.

7 hours ago, BullShark said:

Don't misunderstand me, I don't think they are "beatable."  They are and outstanding team and very well coached, but if you have ever seen Upperman and SG play, you would agree that those two are probably a little better.

I like the pace of those 2 teams. I think thats the advantage they have over Westview. And not to mention Taylor Lamb is a stud for SG and well as Levy for Upperman. That's what gave SS the chance to stay close and beat them last year. Graves is slow and Jones wasn't 100% and they couldn't keep up. 

Edited by RealisticFan45

23 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Westview is LEGIT! 

Is this his own personal top 10?

South Side only has 2 losses? Not the same team from the last 2 years but have done enough to deserve respect.

South Side's issue is they got beat by 25 to Dyersburg in their last game... and lost to USJ earlier in the year by 10 but did bounce back with a 2 point win over them recently which is their biggest win of the season. They could make an argument for the 10th spot in the rankings I guess?

Edited by GCPioneer

21 minutes ago, BearcatDad said:

Not sure if Cheatham beats Rossview tonight, it would be considered an upset.  I spoke with Hendersonville's coach and he said Rossview should not be a problem for them.  He should know, he has played both teams.  Lost to Rossview by 5 and Cheatham by 20.  That said, the Rossview girls and Cheatham girls have played together some on the AAU scene.  They know each other well.  The Rossview post player could be an issue if they can get by Cheatham's press.  Cheatham has a shot this year and next, since they basically return the same team next year.

That will be a good game tonight! Cheatham has been winning a lot of games... a win tonight would tell a lot about how good they really are.

Edited by GCPioneer

10 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

That's an impressive win....

As I recall it was 13-13 at the end of the first; and I believe it was 29-18 at the end of the half. Cheatham began pressing midway in the first period because they had gotten down by eight. The Cubs didn't stop pressing until mid-way into the fourth period. Rossview's post was a non-factor for them. Rossview's coach tried a variety of line-ups (from big, tall bodies to smaller quicker girls) to counter Cheatham's defensive pressure, but none work. Cheatham is not that tall a team (even for AA high school). But every player is quick, fast , and all over the floor when it comes to rebounds.

3 hours ago, midtnmale said:

As I recall it was 13-13 at the end of the first; and I believe it was 29-18 at the end of the half. Cheatham began pressing midway in the first period because they had gotten down by eight. The Cubs didn't stop pressing until mid-way into the fourth period. Rossview's post was a non-factor for them. Rossview's coach tried a variety of line-ups (from big, tall bodies to smaller quicker girls) to counter Cheatham's defensive pressure, but none work. Cheatham is not that tall a team (even for AA high school). But every player is quick, fast , and all over the floor when it comes to rebounds.

Rossview girls lead 13 to 6. Cheatham finished with a 53 to 22 run. They live off the press and turnovers but last night they were good in half court shooting the three ball. They will be a tough out come tournament time

4 hours ago, midtnmale said:

That’s a good recap of the game.  We a couple of players in foul jail early that hurt offensively.  If I were guessing, our PG is our leading rebounder.  They are definitely ball hawks.  RV got very few second shots and when they did, they didn’t finish well.  Thought it would be a bit closer.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:49 AM, alumnicoach85 said:

No matter how beatable they are, they still should be #2 give them the respect they have earned the !st part of the year. Still no team from Tennessee has beat them since they so beatable.

Really? They have a schedule ranking of 61st! Play some tougher Tennessee teams. Cant argue with a team being ranked 2nd and having at the 4th toughest schedule. I am sure they are a good team, but until you play, and beat top teams, you can not claim to be one.

On 1/5/2018 at 1:57 PM, GCPioneer said:

South Side's issue is they got beat by 25 to Dyersburg in their last game... and lost to USJ earlier in the year by 10 but did bounce back with a 2 point win over them recently which is their biggest win of the season. They could make an argument for the 10th spot in the rankings I guess?

Is this the BCS or HS girls basketball? They're now 13-2 with 2 starters out with knee injuries. Their district is no slouch