Huntingdon at Cornersville

ZEBRA35

1 hour ago, mikeinglsbee said:

If I have to hear one more Huntingdon fan make an excuse of the referees in this game......try taking a dose of reality on why your team loss, let the official numbers do the talking:

Passing yards- Huntingdon 47, Cornersville 126. Cornersville had thrown for all of 40 yards in the first two rounds. Where do the refs fit in on that?

Rushing yards- Huntingdon 273, Cornersville 149. You out rushed us by 124 yards. Our second leading rusher (over 1,100 yards on the season) rushed for 19 yards on six attempts and our third leading rusher (over 900 yards on the year) had just 18 yards on seven carries. So, you shut down a large amount of our offensive firepower but Huntingdon's problem was that most of their rushing yards came before the red zone. The Mustangs couldn't seal the deal when it counted. Also, unlike anyone else I've seen post about the referees, I was on the sideline's and BELIEVE me, the Mustangs got called for way less holding than they actually did. The penalty difference was Huntingdon 8, Cornersville 4. Definitely not a game deciding total.

Here's the REAL reason why the Mustangs will be at home this Black Friday- Huntingdon 3rd down conversions: 6-15 for 40%; 4th down conversions: 0-4 for 0%. Bulldogs 3rd down conversions: 4-8 for 50%; 4th down conversions: 0-1 for 0%.

Also Huntingdon ran 70 plays to Cornersville's 42 but only gained 49 more total yards (322-275). Mustangs also held possession for 36 mins and Bulldogs 12 minutes. And yet the Mustangs only scored once in regulation (minus the kickoff TD) and held the ball for three times the time of possession Cornersville did.

Passing: Huntingdon 4 for 17 for just 49 yards!!!!!! Cornersville 2-4 for 126 yards and both completions for touchdowns. How did the referees effect that at all? Kind of looks like the Mustangs just watched the Bulldogs last two tapes and thought they weren't going to pass the ball and weren't prepared when they did. 

The Mustangs also finished with 10 more first downs than the Bulldogs did. But Huntingdon also had 2 turnovers to Cornersville's one. The Mustangs fumbled and the Bulldogs recovered but gave the ball right back two plays later on its own fumble. So scratch those. The fumble at the end of OT was def a fumble. I was right under the goalposts on the fence taking pictures. It's not even up for discussion, it was a fumble. 

The two key players in the match-up, the two quarterbacks:

1A Mr. Football Finalist Kade Pearson 4-17 for 49 yds  for 23.5 % 0 TD- 0 INT, 30 carries for 154 yards 0 TDs 5.1 ypc, 4 tackles on defense

our JUNIOR QB Eli Woodard 2-4 for 126 yds for 50% 2 TD- 0 INT, 22 carries for 120 yards and 1 TD, 5.5 ypc, 7 tackles on defense 

TLDR? Our junior quarterback outplayed the Mr Football quarterback who constantly over threw wide open receivers; our offense was more effective in a shorter amount of time; our defense stopped your 'high powered' offense for the majority of the game, especially on our side of the field. So please, stop with the referees had anything to do with it. I think the numbers speak for themselves. And as for Huntingdon being the better team, give me a break. The only measurement we have on that is this game right here. And we won. Great teams don't lose to weaker teams. 

Oh and if your fans, players, coaches, had bothered to watch our tape versus Moore County, we won 42-0, but we were up 42-0 AT HALFTIME. We played third string in the one series we ran in the second half. That's how us Bulldogs fans knew it wouldn't be the blowout that ALL the Mustang fans kept babbling about. We went up 42-0 on MC at halftime, and you guys put up 14. Now, I know that's not exact science, but its the only measuring stick we had and it proved to be a pretty good barometer didn't it?

How did your RB do?  I can’t remember his name but he had great success at our place last year and he was just a sophomore.  Seems like his last name may start with a W?  I’m probably wrong I’m terrible with names. 

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

How did your RB do?  I can’t remember his name but he had great success at our place last year and he was just a sophomore.  Seems like his last name may start with a W?  I’m probably wrong I’m terrible with names. 

Eli Woodard he is playing Quarterback for us this year has close to 1400 yards rushing in 10 games. Missed 3 games due to injury.

7 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Im not from Hunt or a Hunt. fan but you brought up Moore Co as a measuring stick?What about Fayetteville.Did yall take your starters out against them and didn't Hunt. also play them? 

Edited by mrbigster

10 hours ago, mikeinglsbee said:

If I have to hear one more Huntingdon fan make an excuse of the referees in this game......try taking a dose of reality on why your team loss, let the official numbers do the talking:

Passing yards- Huntingdon 47, Cornersville 126. Cornersville had thrown for all of 40 yards in the first two rounds. Where do the refs fit in on that?

Rushing yards- Huntingdon 273, Cornersville 149. You out rushed us by 124 yards. Our second leading rusher (over 1,100 yards on the season) rushed for 19 yards on six attempts and our third leading rusher (over 900 yards on the year) had just 18 yards on seven carries. So, you shut down a large amount of our offensive firepower but Huntingdon's problem was that most of their rushing yards came before the red zone. The Mustangs couldn't seal the deal when it counted. Also, unlike anyone else I've seen post about the referees, I was on the sideline's and BELIEVE me, the Mustangs got called for way less holding than they actually did. The penalty difference was Huntingdon 8, Cornersville 4. Definitely not a game deciding total.

Here's the REAL reason why the Mustangs will be at home this Black Friday- Huntingdon 3rd down conversions: 6-15 for 40%; 4th down conversions: 0-4 for 0%. Bulldogs 3rd down conversions: 4-8 for 50%; 4th down conversions: 0-1 for 0%.

Also Huntingdon ran 70 plays to Cornersville's 42 but only gained 49 more total yards (322-275). Mustangs also held possession for 36 mins and Bulldogs 12 minutes. And yet the Mustangs only scored once in regulation (minus the kickoff TD) and held the ball for three times the time of possession Cornersville did.

Passing: Huntingdon 4 for 17 for just 49 yards!!!!!! Cornersville 2-4 for 126 yards and both completions for touchdowns. How did the referees effect that at all? Kind of looks like the Mustangs just watched the Bulldogs last two tapes and thought they weren't going to pass the ball and weren't prepared when they did. 

The Mustangs also finished with 10 more first downs than the Bulldogs did. But Huntingdon also had 2 turnovers to Cornersville's one. The Mustangs fumbled and the Bulldogs recovered but gave the ball right back two plays later on its own fumble. So scratch those. The fumble at the end of OT was def a fumble. I was right under the goalposts on the fence taking pictures. It's not even up for discussion, it was a fumble. 

The two key players in the match-up, the two quarterbacks:

1A Mr. Football Finalist Kade Pearson 4-17 for 49 yds  for 23.5 % 0 TD- 0 INT, 30 carries for 154 yards 0 TDs 5.1 ypc, 4 tackles on defense

our JUNIOR QB Eli Woodard 2-4 for 126 yds for 50% 2 TD- 0 INT, 22 carries for 120 yards and 1 TD, 5.5 ypc, 7 tackles on defense 

TLDR? Our junior quarterback outplayed the Mr Football quarterback who constantly over threw wide open receivers; our offense was more effective in a shorter amount of time; our defense stopped your 'high powered' offense for the majority of the game, especially on our side of the field. So please, stop with the referees had anything to do with it. I think the numbers speak for themselves. And as for Huntingdon being the better team, give me a break. The only measurement we have on that is this game right here. And we won. Great teams don't lose to weaker teams. 

Oh and if your fans, players, coaches, had bothered to watch our tape versus Moore County, we won 42-0, but we were up 42-0 AT HALFTIME. We played third string in the one series we ran in the second half. That's how us Bulldogs fans knew it wouldn't be the blowout that ALL the Mustang fans kept babbling about. We went up 42-0 on MC at halftime, and you guys put up 14. Now, I know that's not exact science, but its the only measuring stick we had and it proved to be a pretty good barometer didn't it?

I want this post tattooed on my body somewhere. Good post.

• Like 1