Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

10 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I have a open question for anyone to answer. This has nothing to do with the game Thursday.  How many transfers does Greenback, SoPitt, Coalfield,  Cornersville and such get? I'm talking about kids who live in other school districts and attend another school. In Lake County we have not received one kid from another school. We play with what is ours. I'm asking how many kids have attended there respected schools say since middle school. I'm not saying a thing is wrong with it. Just wondering. 

Coalfield had two that transferred in HS and played a lot, one that played a decent amount and a couple more that barely played. Some people want to count a couple other kids that transferred in elementary school that played a lot... I think that's silly.

Edited by CAH09

1 hour ago, CAH09 said:

Coalfield had two that transferred in HS and played a lot, one that played a decent amount and a couple more that barely played. Some people want to count a couple other kids that transferred in elementary school that played a lot... I think that's silly.

My definition of a transfer is,a kid at a school  that the bus don,t pass their house. My oldest left his school in the 7th grade and went 30 minutes down the road, nothing illegal about it but a transfer none the less.

5 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

I went and tried to hire some Cherokee rain dancers for Thursday morning and they wouldn't perform for me. Said if we was playing those Pirates they would have performed. I just can't figure them out. Can't get good help now a days. 

You're going to make Roy real mad again

14 minutes ago, pujo said:

My definition of a transfer is,a kid at a school  that the bus don,t pass their house. My oldest left his school in the 7th grade and went 30 minutes down the road, nothing illegal about it but a transfer none the less.

Yea, I hear you and agree to a point... but I think there's a cutoff in there somewhere.

In CFs case, one was 2nd or 3rd grader when he came. One of the HS transfers that moved in while in HS....the bus goes by his house...so he's not a transfer? Even though he came from a bad program & largely for FBall? But the 2nd grader is a transfer (assuming no bus goes by)....??? I guess, but seems a stretch to me.

To me, the elementary kid isn't a transfer and the HS kid (just an example)clearly is a transfer whether or not the bus is involved. 

Either way as long as it's by the rules...it's fine to me.

Edited by CAH09

22 minutes ago, pujo said:

Your boy didn't transfer just  to play for Hampton...He came in 7th grade to play for his uncle in high school.

Big difference vs stacking teams year after year IMO

5 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Your like a retard with a new balloon!

There is something coming and you can't hide from it!

Something I’ve been meaning to address in the past few weeks: Please quit putting your full, 4 numbered high school graduation year in your username. When you’re old like Jim1972 is, it makes you an easy target for the rest of the topic.

Edited by cornerback10

11 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Your boy didn't transfer just  to play for Hampton...He came in 7th grade to play for his uncle in high school.

Big difference vs stacking teams year after year IMO

Yes this was a unique situation, what really goes on in this area and it really hurts our County schools is the kids who opt to Etown, 5 schools in the County and they all compete in youth club, Etown parents see a kid they like and try to get um to transfer, had several parents talk to me, just not a good option for me.  In the end they do rob the Co schools. Its all by the book but they still cherry pick the Co. I,m not sure what happens in other areas

10 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yes this was a unique situation, what really goes on in this area and it really hurts our County schools is the kids who opt to Etown, 5 schools in the County and they all compete in youth club, Etown parents see a kid they like and try to get um to transfer, had several parents talk to me, just not a good option for me.  In the end they do rob the Co schools. Its all by the book but they still cherry pick the Co. I,m not sure what happens in other areas

Went thru the same...had members of a certain team sent to coax mine...No takers here