Graham Clark Resigns!

39 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think you're right about Witten. I think he's been the guy all along. He's a good coach but being a local guy with local connections I don't see him replacing a single coach on the current staff. There are some keepers there but also some that have been dragging the program down. Unless some leave on their own (slim chance of that) it's going to be the same ole DB. Put up 350yrds of offense and 30 points and give up 500 yrds and 45 points.

You don't think Witten would try to bring along some of his staff from Elizabethton? 

43 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

You don't think Witten would try to bring along some of his staff from Elizabethton? 

Only way any coach could bring in different staff is if there are any teaching vacancies and they happen to be in their field.  I dont see a few if any leavingteaching position unless they have better offer at different school.

I just think Billy Seals is the best fit.  He's a defensive minded coach and a darn good one. DB hasn't had even a decent defense since Watson left us. That is the very reason DB football has fallen off the map. Seals could take over the defense. Problem solved. Won't happen though because their not that smart in Kingsport. They'll go with Witten because he's local and they can tell him how to run his program, who to play etc. 

40 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I just think Billy Seals is the best fit.  He's a defensive minded coach and a darn good one. DB hasn't had even a decent defense since Watson left us. That is the very reason DB football has fallen off the map. Seals could take over the defense. Problem solved. Won't happen though because their not that smart in Kingsport. They'll go with Witten because he's local and they can tell him how to run his program, who to play etc. 

WaCo, have you heard anything about Scott Cummings from Cleveland High School? I've been hearing rumors he's getting an interview. I personally like Seals or Witten, I think DB can't go wrong with either one.

Db’s #1 pick was always a pipe dream! But I wonder what he said when they reached out to him? 

He’s the only coach this side of Knoxville to win a football state championship in like what 40 years or something? Heck he’s got 3 in 8 years and probably adding another next year! He’s got a crazy record I’m Greeneville that’s for sure! 

Edited by Cyclonefan29

1 hour ago, Cyclonefan29 said:

Db’s #1 pick was always a pipe dream! But I wonder what he said when they reached out to him? 

He’s the only coach this side of Knoxville to win a football state championship in like what 40 years or something? Heck he’s got 3 in 8 years and probably adding another next year! He’s got a crazy record I’m Greeneville that’s for sure! 

If his son weren't still at Greeneville I think there's probably a very good chance he takes the DB job.

47 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

If his son weren't still at Greeneville I think there's probably a very good chance he takes the DB job.

IF he did go to DB the town of Greeneville would have turned around 2 of DB sports teams with Chris Poore being a Greeneville Boy himself not to mention your old superintendent  Lyle Ailshie who left to take a deputy commissioner for the Tennessee Department of Education.  I highly doubt Ballard would leave even if Cade wasn't playing.  He has a farm in Greeneville, 2 twin daughters who are in middle school, and His Wife (a Greeneville Native)  works for Niswonger at Land Air.  They would have to open a pretty big check book to even match what he makes right now at Greeneville

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

IF he did go to DB the town of Greeneville would have turned around 2 of DB sports teams with Chris Poore being a Greeneville Boy himself not to mention your old superintendent  Lyle Ailshie who left to take a deputy commissioner for the Tennessee Department of Education.  I highly doubt Ballard would leave even if Cade wasn't playing.  He has a farm in Greeneville, 2 twin daughters who are in middle school, and His Wife (a Greeneville Native)  works for Niswonger at Land Air.  They would have to open a pretty big check book to even match what he makes right now at Greeneville

Those are always hard decisions to make.I'd love to have had a couple of my boys play for the Devils and coach Ballard , but married a DB girl and came to Kingsport.Money is an important factor but  family comes first and that might be a tough move for coach in the long run even if Kingsport wanted to make it happen with some crazy number.

Ballard isn’t leaving Greeneville although that would be a outstanding hire for DB. Witten is an interesting candidate and I do believe he would leave Elizabethton if offered. Don’t know much about the Seals guy although it sounds like he’d be a great hire also. Only thing I’m certain on is Rosser isn’t leaving Central anytime soon. I’m not going to say why just trust me folks, ain’t happening. One thing I’d warn DB fans of is thinking it’ll be a smooth transition with whoever follows Clark. Despite his last couple of years, Clark always had DB competive and making the playoffs. It may take a new coach a year or so to get them to 9-10 wins again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Ballard isn’t leaving Greeneville although that would be a outstanding hire for DB. Witten is an interesting candidate and I do believe he would leave Elizabethton if offered. Don’t know much about the Seals guy although it sounds like he’d be a great hire also. Only thing I’m certain on is Rosser isn’t leaving Central anytime soon. I’m not going to say why just trust me folks, ain’t happening. One thing I’d warn DB fans of is thinking it’ll be a smooth transition with whoever follows Clark. Despite his last couple of years, Clark always had DB competive and making the playoffs. It may take a new coach a year or so to get them to 9-10 wins again. 

First game for them this year they just might take a beating haha

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I think that Ballard will go to the college level next after Cade and this senior class leaves.  I don’t want to think about it though for another season !