Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

15 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Guard play has gotten a ton better since the first time we played. Dangerous team now. Would be super dangerous if Fuller was on floor. Very long and take up a ton of room.

Tyasia Reed is a baller and Swenson is a great post player. They got a good head and assistant coach in the Lowerys. Huntingdon may give Summertown or Loretto a challenge in the region if they keep playing like this.

3 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Not from what I seen tonight. Looked like their typical game. Phillies had close to 20 turnovers and kept it a two point game till the last minute and a half. 

Oh ok. Yea they don't have a true point guard, but Jones plays the position well. They are a young team so the turnovers are expected. 

5 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Tyasia Reed is a baller and Swenson is a great post player. They got a good head and assistant coach in the Lowerys. Huntingdon may give Summertown or Loretto a challenge in the region if they keep playing like this.

I agree. It ain't like GC played bad. I will give Huntingdon credit. They played really well.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree. It ain't like GC played bad. I will give Huntingdon credit. They played really well.

Fillies played their best game of the season tonight. We're a talented team, long and fast.  I'll go to my grave believing we've had the most 1a talent in the state the last two or three years. Losing Fuller hurt us bad. One of the fastest kids I've ever seen. If she can master the fundamentals of the game she can truly be special. Fillies are not a fundamentally sound basketball squad. We out talent you.

15 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Fillies played their best game of the season tonight. We're a talented team, long and fast.  I'll go to my grave believing we've had the most 1a talent in the state the last two or three years. Losing Fuller hurt us bad. One of the fastest kids I've ever seen. If she can master the fundamentals of the game she can truly be special. Fillies are not a fundamentally sound basketball squad. We out talent you.

I agree with you , best game of the year for the Fillies. Fundamentals should be taught at a very early age and Huntingdon hurts at this. GREAT game plan by the Lowerys.  But GC has a ton more talent and floor experience than the Fillies.  They gave GC all they wanted.

51 minutes ago, bluegoldbbfan said:

I agree with you , best game of the year for the Fillies. Fundamentals should be taught at a very early age and Huntingdon hurts at this. GREAT game plan by the Lowerys.  But GC has a ton more talent and floor experience than the Fillies.  They gave GC all they wanted.

Disagree with the talent acessment. GC has nowhere near the length and speed of the Fillies. Gibson Co is just much more fundamentally sound than the Fillies. Jones is probably amoung the best athletes in West Tennessee and hasn't been taught how to make a lay-up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Croppy you must have one foot in already lol. Huntingdon is a bunch of great softball players that happen to be athletic enough to compete with most in basketball. You got to have ballers though to get the gold ball. Kids have to breathe and eat basketball in season and off. I believe Reed is the only girl that plays AAU in the off season. I have said for years Carroll County focused too much on softball and got left behind in basketball with no AAU program for girls. 

31 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Disagree with the talent acessment. GC has nowhere near the length and speed of the Fillies. Gibson Co is just much more fundamentally sound than the Fillies. Jones is probably amoung the best athletes in West Tennessee and hasn't been taught how to make a lay-up.

We came out and hit you guys in the mouth early too. We were up 11-2 early and Huntingdon started handling the ball better and draining 3's and using its size well. If they had Fuller they would be a ton better because they got the talent to score once they break the press. They just got to break the press. I would like to say we didn't play well offensively but we almost scored 50 points and missed some FT's and a layup or two. We obviously didn't play our best offensively but if we want to look at an area we got exposed a little it was defensively with their size and they shot the ball a ton better than the meeting at GC. They looked more like a version of last year's team last night. Did have some TO's but played well offensively at times. People on here that act like they aren't talented don't know basketball. They are not little either.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Croppy you must have one foot in already lol. Huntingdon is a bunch of great softball players that happen to be athletic enough to compete with most in basketball. You got to have ballers though to get the gold ball. Kids have to breathe and eat basketball in season and off. I believe Reed is the only girl that plays AAU in the off season. I have said for years Carroll County focused too much on softball and got left behind in basketball with no AAU program for girls. 

Our very talented softball team hasn't got out of the regionals the last 2 years. They have the same problem the basketball team has!

On 1/28/2019 at 10:54 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

I didn’t think Clarkrange would lose.  I said the opposite.  Read my posts on Clarkrange.   But if Taylor can score 30 and Arms 10-15 then Clay can play with anyone in class A.  If Strong can’t score then they can be blown out because they don’t have anyone to makeup the points.

I am surprised that Kassie held Taylor to 5pts with the size difference.  But she is soooo fast.  Anyway that was a good win for Clarkrange.  

Clarkrange did exactly what I thought they would. They held serve on their home floor. Clay was the better team when they played in Celina. To my knowledge they didn’t trail the entire game. The first quarter was the difference after that they played pretty even. These are the two best teams in 6A so I look for them to play 2 more times on a neutral floor. Then we shall see who the better team is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Our very talented softball team hasn't got out of the regionals the last 2 years. They have the same problem the basketball team has!

So wish you would find another team to follow and quit bashing the Huntingdon Fillies and coaches.  Or better yet maybe you should apply for the job since you seem to be the expert in all sports.  What happen to being encouraging and supportive of all individuals.  Negativity accomplishments nothing.  

• Like 1