REGION 5 | 2A

1 hour ago, Lacesout said:

If CA is running their fullback at QB why is he up under center?  Or was he in shotgun?  Sounded like he was under center on th radio.      Wildcat?!?!

The QB they started the season with looked like a Fullback. The CA decline is not just based on that one injury. Watching Eagleville and some Lewis County highlights the offense doesn’t look much different. The team has been prone to get penalties and turnovers all year. That's usually a focus/ discipline issue. They have finally played three decent opponents back to back to back. The QB would not have mattered. 

The CA schedule has been weak. I took tons of flak earlier in the year pointing that out. Their best win this season is a 16-10 victory over a 2-7 Lipscomb team or the 21-7 win at Eagleville (this is the only team they have beaten with a winning record.)

The best two teams they faced shut their offense down and caused the entire state to question their season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Salem said:

The QB they started the season with looked like a Fullback. The CA decline is not just based on that one injury. Watching Eagleville and some Lewis County highlights the offense doesn’t look much different. The team has been prone to get penalties and turnovers all year. That's usually a focus/ discipline issue. They have finally played three decent opponents back to back to back. The QB would not have mattered. 

The CA schedule has been weak. I took tons of flak earlier in the year pointing that out. Their best win this season is a 16-10 victory over a 2-7 Lipscomb team or the 21-7 win at Eagleville (this is the only team they have beaten with a winning record.)

The best two teams they faced shut their offense down and caused the entire state to question their season. 

I agree with this . I have pointed this out all year and was told I knew nothing bout what I was talking about 

2 hours ago, Salem said:

But this just isn’t the case. You may not agree with the excuse about our QB being injured but it’s the truth whether you like it or not. He had some bad moments but he could keep the tempo up, was more accurate, and could make plays. Now we have one less experienced running back helping with the blocking and getting to run himself. Y’all saw what happened to Meigs last year when their QB went down. If Waverly lost theirs there offense would significantly be hurt. 

13 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

But this just isn’t the case. You may not agree with the excuse about our QB being injured but it’s the truth whether you like it or not. He had some bad moments but he could keep the tempo up, was more accurate, and could make plays. Now we have one less experienced running back helping with the blocking and getting to run himself. Y’all saw what happened to Meigs last year when their QB went down. If Waverly lost theirs there offense would significantly be hurt. 

Waverly would go to th wildcat

6 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

The difference is CAs injured QB is not in the same league as Waverly or Meigs. My question is does CA not have a 2nd team QB? 

29 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

The difference is CAs injured QB is not in the same league as Waverly or Meigs. My question is does CA not have a 2nd team QB? 

People are forgetting that Lewis Co. played with players on short rest, and coaches with restricted planning and instruction time too. I don't necessarily agree that CA was not very good against an easy schedule, but at the same time it doesn't look good that losing one player throws the entire team (coaches included) into disarray. No way that their QB was as instrumental to success as was Andrew Goldsmith with TCA in '15, and even though they lost without him ( to Trezevant ), they formulated and executed an offense. The Jury is still out for me on how good they were with/are without the QB. Guess we'll see in the playoffs.  

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

People are forgetting that Lewis Co. played with players on short rest, and coaches with restricted planning and instruction time too. I don't necessarily agree that CA was not very good against an easy schedule, but at the same time it doesn't look good that losing one player throws the entire team (coaches included) into disarray. No way that their QB was as instrumental to success as was Andrew Goldsmith with TCA in '15, and even though they lost without him ( to Trezevant ), they formulated and executed an offense. The Jury is still out for me on how good they were with/are without the QB. Guess we'll see in the playoffs.  

They dont throw the ball and the QB caused more negative plays than positive when he threw the ball,its all excuses at this point !!! If LC had more time to add wrinkles and rest it woulda coulda shoulda been a 3 score game !!! I'm gonna give you an example of how to behave when you are a bit down from a previous season!! Union City,you won't hear a single excuse outta them boys,why ? The answer is humility,tradition and class !!!! CA will be fine they are a "good" team!!! Stop hanging the hat on "we beat Waverly" that's great,heck that's awesome to beat a team that is WAY better than you,it happens,but then UC came in and Donkey Stomped em!! I get it,cockiness is a issue in highschool kids,but some adults are perplexing!!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

They dont throw the ball and the QB caused more negative plays than positive when he threw the ball,its all excuses at this point !!! If LC had more time to add wrinkles and rest it woulda coulda shoulda been a 3 score game !!! I'm gonna give you an example of how to behave when you are a bit down from a previous season!! Union City,you won't hear a single excuse outta them boys,why ? The answer is humility,tradition and class !!!! CA will be fine they are a "good" team!!! Stop hanging the hat on "we beat Waverly" that's great,heck that's awesome to beat a team that is WAY better than you,it happens,but then UC came in and Donkey Stomped em!! I get it,cockiness is a issue in highschool kids,but some adults are perplexing!!!!

Waverly was definitely not way better than us last year. We handled them. And you are speaking as if CA hasn’t been a great team the past 6 years. 

Just now, BulldawgsRise said:

Waverly was definitely not way better than us last year. We handled them. And you are speaking as if CA hasn’t been a great team the past 6 years. 

Great!!??? That's a huge over statement sir !!! Waverly was a much more talented team,just look at the season!!! You guys where"better" that night ,and that's all you had to be !! Guess what PHS had "way" more talent than UC last year and they put us out !!! Football is so much emotion and things that factor in besides talent,just ask my Golden Tide !!!! We know exactly what its like to be humbled !!! I hope your guys learn more from the loss than the fans on here did !!! After things said about coaching and things of that nature I hope for the kids at least they can learn humility without excuse !!! I do enjoy alot of your posts sir !!! God Bless