Grundy football and new coach

Indian

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, BrownBag said:

Any word on how Grundy did last night vs Coffee in the scrimmage?

Didn't go to the scrimmage but heard that Grundy played a stalemate scrimmage with Coffee County . To me that is not so bad for 3a Grundy and not to good for 6a Coffee County. JMO.

Edited by delusional32

1 hour ago, delusional32 said:

Didn't go to the scrimmage but heard that Grundy played a stalemate scrimmage with Coffee County . To me that is not so bad for 3a Grundy and not to good for 6a Coffee County. JMO.

To be a top team in 3a that's what you gotta do. Make them put some respect on your name.

So far and I can only speak for my boys, but they really like the coach. I hear the kids talking more about coach Taylor than the head coach but I've never seen my boys so relaxed and focused as they are now. I'm just wondering how patient Grundy we'll be with the new guy. I don't see Grundy winning more than 3 games this year and even less next year if the rumors are true. 

11 hours ago, jnutz said:

So far and I can only speak for my boys, but they really like the coach. I hear the kids talking more about coach Taylor than the head coach but I've never seen my boys so relaxed and focused as they are now. I'm just wondering how patient Grundy we'll be with the new guy. I don't see Grundy winning more than 3 games this year and even less next year if the rumors are true. 

Just have to give him time. Grundy has let some very good ball players leave the mtn the past few years that are studs for teams in the valley. 

13 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Just have to give him time. Grundy has let some very good ball players leave the mtn the past few years that are studs for teams in the valley. 

I agree with everything you said. If they leave this coach alone and let him do his thing kids will start coming out. The my boys talk about him if I didn't play it would make me curious to see see what the hype is about. Last couple years the kids weren't excited about football. It seems they are now and I hope this guy does well and I believe he will if people leave him alone. The big plus is he doesn't know anyone so he'll play his best 11 no matter who they are

2 hours ago, jnutz said:

I agree with everything you said. If they leave this coach alone and let him do his thing kids will start coming out. The my boys talk about him if I didn't play it would make me curious to see see what the hype is about. Last couple years the kids weren't excited about football. It seems they are now and I hope this guy does well and I believe he will if people leave him alone. The big plus is he doesn't know anyone so he'll play his best 11 no matter who they are

As I have said before. Kids must buy into the coach and be excited to play. It's not about wins and losses. It's about the enjoyment of playing the game.  I hope the boys have a great time and hopefully the community will support the team. And a new coach needs support as well. Could pay dividends in the end. Grundy is long overdue. Good luck to y'all this year. 

13 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

As I have said before. Kids must buy into the coach and be excited to play. It's not about wins and losses. It's about the enjoyment of playing the game.  I hope the boys have a great time and hopefully the community will support the team. And a new coach needs support as well. Could pay dividends in the end. Grundy is long overdue. Good luck to y'all this year. 

I agree and I hope you're right. When the other kids see the players having fun hopefully they'll want to see for themselves. Even when I coached I never heard them say they liked practice, and my youngest son said he likes everything they're doing so far. It's definitely a plus when the kids are having fun and not treating it like a job.