Catholic @ Alcoa scrimmage

92Dragon

10 hours ago, AllRegion said:

Heard Alcoa controlled the scrimmage (or whatever you want to call it) pretty thoroughly. That's bad news for 3A this season, but in other breaking news, water is wet. The only question is: will the ring say "15-0" or "14-1?"

But I saw a tweet from a KCHS lineman where he actually knocked down a Tornado player. It must have been sent while the teams were still on the field.

The Irish lineman more than held their own. In team and 1 on 1's. This wasn't a let's see who wins scrimmage. This was a let's work on what we're not doing good thus far. The Irish only ran a few plays to get some work in against a good Alcoa team. The Irish will be just fine this yr. Good luck to Alcoa this yr..

22 hours ago, TheDarkSide said:

Plus to add. The Irish #1 and #2 wr only touched the ball once or twice each. A lot of young players got their chance to see what they could do.

With or without touches, the Irish would not have scored on the Alcoa D. Catlick was outmatched at almost every position. Was most impressed with  #7 and #78. However, if they never leave the field, it’s gonna be tough for them to go 4 quarters... Good luck with your season. :thumb:

23 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

With or without touches, the Irish would not have scored on the Alcoa D. Catlick was outmatched at almost every position. Was most impressed with  #7 and #78. However, if they never leave the field, it’s gonna be tough for them to go 4 quarters... Good luck with your season. :thumb:

#7  and #78 for Catholic stood out for sure.  Watched a lot of video from the practice last night. Eli Mitchell I thought really stood out for the Alcoa O line., especially on the 1 on1s. Adonis Salter and Malachi Jared had really good days on the defense line during 1 on 1s. Andrew Coulter had a good day as well on both sides of the ball. Mathews continues to get better. Jones is going to shock some folks this year. Tank had good day at LB.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

#7  and #78 for Catholic stood out for sure.  Watched a lot of video from the practice last night. Eli Mitchell I thought really stood out for the Alcoa O line., especially on the 1 on1s. Adonis Salter and Malachi Jared had really good days on the defense line during 1 on 1s. Andrew Coulter had a good day as well on both sides of the ball. Mathews continues to get better. Jones is going to shock some folks this year. Tank had good day at LB.

Well said! Totally agree! 

• Like 1