Catholic @ Alcoa scrimmage

92Dragon

11 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Our record against Alcoa is 63-23-3, how does that add up?

The success Maryville  has had is unbelievable. But they have almost 3 times as many students.

Bantering back an for is fun, but we also can appreciate the accomplishments of both. 

I don't think any school in Tn history has ever beaten that years  6A state champion while being in the 3A classification ( and I think could have played in 2A classification that year if they had not chosen to moved up) 2010

During Maryville's amazing run, I think they were 148-2 in the regular season, which is unthinkable.  But those 2 losses came in consecutive years to a school with less than half their student population.

In wrestling it would be very similar to a 125 pound state champion beating the HWT state champion two years in a row.

23 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

The success Maryville  has had is unbelievable. But they have almost 3 times as many students.

Bantering back an for is fun, but we also can appreciate the accomplishments of both. 

I don't think any school in Tn history has ever beaten that years  6A state champion while being in the 3A classification ( and I think could have played in 2A classification that year if they had not chosen to moved up) 2010

During Maryville's amazing run, I think they were 148-2 in the regular season, which is unthinkable.  But those 2 losses came in consecutive years to a school with less than half their student population.

In wrestling it would be very similar to a 125 pound state champion beating the HWT state champion two years in a row.

It helps when the 3A program in question has 80 or 90 players on the roster and gets to draw some of the best talent from two 6A programs in the county.  You know.. Those two that "run from competition." lol

2 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

It helps when the 3A program in question has 80 or 90 players on the roster and gets to draw some of the best talent from two 6A programs in the county.  You know.. Those two that "run from competition." lol

lol. but the other local 6A program and a close 1A program pulls kids from those schools as well

and I know you're just having fun with me but I'll still bust their chops for running from competition.

When adult leadership does things the wrong way, can't blame a parent for not wanting them leading their kid

15 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

lol. but the other local 6A program and a close 1A program pulls kids from those schools as well

and I know you're just having fun with me but I'll still bust their chops for running from competition.

When adult leadership does things the wrong way, can't blame a parent for not wanting them leading their kid

Spot on!!! 

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

One thing at Catholic that definitely is small will be the seating for such a big crowd the Maryville game will draw. I can't understand why it wasn't on TV. Now everyone who gets a seat will have to go set in the hot sun for two hours to do so. 

Games like that are when I appreciate my VIP seating in the end zone. Unfortunately when they designed the campus layout, not much thought was given to the athletic fields. They looked into trying to add visitors seating (after the fact) but it was not feasible. Baseball field faces the wrong direction so the pitcher and infield are looking directly into an afternoon sun.

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If Alcoa starts at 5 today I might be able to slip by for an hour and 15 minutes then go see the Maryville and Oak Ridge game. Was hoping to see all four teams before the season starts.

Barney, dude so jealous of you. If you can let us know what you see with an emphasize on Oak Ridge. THANK YOU! I take these scrimmages seriously  but know Gaddis has many ideas he wants to work on.

By the way, My Go Fund Me Page to raise the $5 admission charge tonight raised a record breaking $0.00.

44 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Barney, dude so jealous of you. If you can let us know what you see with an emphasize on Oak Ridge. THANK YOU! I take these scrimmages seriously  but know Gaddis has many ideas he wants to work on.

By the way, My Go Fund Me Page to raise the $5 admission charge tonight raised a record breaking $0.00.

I'll spot you SP63!

45 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Willie have RW to point me out to you and make sure you set on the Maryville side or the sun will set you on fire in those aluminum bleachers during this time of the year. When they arrest someone in Maryville they take them over to the football field and make them set on that side in the sun until they give up and tell the truth. It's our police departments form of waterboarding.

11 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Willie have RW to point me out to you and make sure you set on the Maryville side or the sun will set you on fire in those aluminum bleachers during this time of the year. When they arrest someone in Maryville they take them over to the football field and make them set on that side in the sun until they give up and tell the truth. It's our police departments form of waterboarding.

Willie won’t be there