2018 HUNTINGDON MUSTANGS

horse

2 hours ago, muskox said:

huntingdon was not  the best team last season....greenback was by far the best team ..you guys lost to cornersville.....greenback could have easily put up 60 or 70 points on them in the state game but they called the dogs off which I think should always be done in any high school game...if huntingdon couldn't take care of business against a very one sided football team in cornersville then there is no way you could have slowed down greenback

Greenback might could have scored 60 or 70 in that game but we will never know.  But we do know that Dresden can score that many in a state championship game.

As a Cornersville parent, we lost 5 seniors from last year's team. Along with that maybe one or two that were non starters and one that was a semi starter. Make no mistake, we return 17 seniors and 14 juniors. The games between Huntingdon and Lake County were classics for the ages and hated that anyone had to lose either game. 

6 hours ago, MikeHoncho said:

Greenback might could have scored 60 or 70 in that game but we will never know.  But we do know that Dresden can score that many in a state championship game.

As far as the 2016 Dresden team they were just special. The point of your statement definitely was not lost on me but Dresden will probably never see a team that dominating again. I think most Lions fans will agree. Not saying there will be no more gold balls in the future..

9 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

As far as the 2016 Dresden team they were just special. The point of your statement definitely was not lost on me but Dresden will probably never see a team that dominating again. I think most Lions fans will agree. Not saying there will be no more gold balls in the future..

No doubt, we will never see a more complete team at Dresden again. Just too many weapons on offense for any 1A team to defend. Defense was pretty stout also.