Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

39 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

It's looking like it's Macon County, South Greene, Grainger, Cumberland Co., Westview... AA is down this year....

Just a question, why do you think 2A is down this year? Clarkrang beat Macon County, Macon beat Stone Memorial by around 20, Stone beat Clarkrang by 20+

Macon County, South Greene, Grainger, Clarkrang, Meigs, Cumberland Co, Upperman, would be favored against most 3A teams. I just don’t think it’s down. I just think the top 7 or 8 teams could win on any giving night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

It's looking like it's Macon County, South Greene, Grainger, Cumberland Co., Westview... AA is down this year....

Every year  I hear so and so is down, when can we expect it to be up? I guess girl basketball not as good as it was 10 yrs ago. Lol. I think it is getting better every year more athletic. Tired of hearing its down. 

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Disagree totally.  I think there are just a lot of  teams that can beat each other on any given night but overall talent is there!  Macon returned basically everyone from a runner up team last year.   Cumberland county is loaded.    Saw Grainger over the summer they were very  good.   Upperman is young and hungry.  They believe they will be there again chasing another gold ball.  

Clarkrange beat CC and MC yes but those games were @ Clarkrange.  The MC game was early in season and a last second shot and CC is a heated rivalry where former Clarkrange player is now coach.   That just speaks more about how hard it is to beat Clarkrange at home than it does about the other teams not being good.  

You can disagree, that’s fine...

The reality is, Macon Co. is really good and will most likely win the state championship. Upperman is nowhere near what they were last year. South Greene, despite beating everyone out there in the east, lost key players off that team. Wykle is good, but who else? Grainger has a good team, but young. Westview is beating teams around here, but not what they were last year.  Not much else in the West besides Westview.

Edited by GCPioneer

4 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

The reality is, Macon Co. is really good and will most likely win the state championship. Upperman is nowhere near what they were last year, I’ve seen them. South Greene, despite beating everyone out there in the east, lost key players off that team. Wykle is good, but who else? Grainger has a good team, but young. Westview is beating teams around here, but not what they were last year.  Not much else in the West besides Westview. Cumberland Co. is kind of like Stone Memorial, they beat teams in the regular season, but nowhere to be seen when March rolls around. 

Upperman is young but still VERY talented.  No, they aren’t the same as last year but still very good.  

2 hours ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Upperman is young but still VERY talented.  No, they aren’t the same as last year but still very good.  

I think Upperman would make the state in east tenn and west tenn, and if they get the right breaks dont count them out in the juggerr -naut middle tenn region.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 4:08 PM, GCPioneer said:

The reality is, Macon Co. is really good and will most likely win the state championship. Upperman is nowhere near what they were last year. South Greene, despite beating everyone out there in the east, lost key players off that team. Wykle is good, but who else? Grainger has a good team, but young. Westview is beating teams around here, but not what they were last year.  Not much else in the West besides Westview.

Whats so special or makes you and everyone else so sure that Macon Co will win state and that Westview is the best team around here? I think Macon Co is good, just from seeing them last year. Westview is a perennial state tournament team but loss to Single A Gibson Co. There are a few more teams that have a chance, i think. Upperman of course, South Greene is a good team, Grainger, Cumberland Co. From the west i disagree. I think Dyersburg and South Side  will be fine come tournament time. Folks in west tn always count out others and put Westview up front. They aren't the same team

On 12/18/2018 at 4:08 PM, GCPioneer said:

Westview isn’t as strong as last year. I wish we could play them but that ain’t going to happen.  We could beat them the next two years. Gibson County put a spanking on em.