Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

7 minutes ago, BearcatDad said:

Cheatham beat Upperman tonight by 2.  63-61, I believe.  Good game.  Douglas from Cheatham scored 30.  Hurst had 20 for UHS.  Cheatham goes to their place Jan 5th.

Hurst made a 3 with 3 seconds left in the game but coach called a timeout and basket wasn’t counted.  

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

46 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

1 Macon Co.

2 Cheatham Co.

3 Cumberland Co.

4 Meigs Co.

5 Upperman 

6 Westview

7 Grainger

8 South Greene 

9 East Nashville 

10 Maplewood 

just my opinion, but I think all of them can win on any giving night.

I like all the teams on this top 10, but there's no way that Westview is #6. They are in the top 3 in this State. I was expecting a much weaker team this year, but I was completely wrong. They are faster, deeper, and more balanced than they've been in the last 4 years. No disrepect to Jones and Graves, but that team can hurt you in a lot of ways. I'm not sure where they're going over Christmas break to play, but looking at their schedule on CoachT..the only team that I think can play with them during the regular season might be Crockett County...might be?? It's unreal how they just reload it seems year after year. One of the player's dad said they have an 8th grader coming up that would be playing this year, if she were on the team now.

10 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I like all the teams on this top 10, but there's no way that Westview is #6. They are in the top 3 in this State. I was expecting a much weaker team this year, but I was completely wrong. They are faster, deeper, and more balanced than they've been in the last 4 years. No disrepect to Jones and Graves, but that team can hurt you in a lot of ways. I'm not sure where they're going over Christmas break to play, but looking at their schedule on CoachT..the only team that I think can play with them during the regular season might be Crockett County...might be?? It's unreal how they just reload it seems year after year. One of the player's dad said they have an 8th grader coming up that would be playing this year, if she were on the team now.

The 8th grader they have coming up is one of the best in the state, Tasia's youngest sister... the kid is pretty legit.

17 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Westview top 3?   I haven't seen them play but I am curious who you think is overated.  Do you put Westview ahead of Upperman who has won back to back state championships and 48 straight games until losing to Cheatham Co by 2 last night?  Or you put them ahead of Macon County, the team that beat Westview at state,  who lost in state championship finals in OT,  and returned everyone?   Or is it ahead of Cheatham Co which beat Upperman last night?    On top of that I think Cumberland County is the best AAA school in the AA division.    That makes it interesting to see who you think is over rated.  This division is stacked at the top.  Will be fun to see who makes it through.  

22 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

1 Macon Co.

2 Cheatham Co.

3 Cumberland Co.

4 Meigs Co.

5 Upperman 

6 Westview

7 Grainger

8 South Greene 

9 East Nashville 

10 Maplewood 

just my opinion, but I think all of them can win on any giving night.

No offense, but I'm not sure Meigs is a top 5 team right now with all the youth they start.  With more games played and getting the injured Junior (who scored her 1,000th point as a Sophomore) back in  January, they'll be a better team by season's end.
BTW, are you JC?

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Westview top 3?   I haven't seen them play but I am curious who you think is overated.  Do you put Westview ahead of Upperman who has won back to back state championships and 48 straight games until losing to Cheatham Co by 2 last night?  Or you put them ahead of Macon County, the team that beat Westview at state,  who lost in state championship finals in OT,  and returned everyone?   Or is it ahead of Cheatham Co which beat Upperman last night?    On top of that I think Cumberland County is the best AAA school in the AA division.    That makes it interesting to see who you think is over rated.  This division is stacked at the top.  Will be fun to see who makes it through.  

Upperman is really young this year. Their best player is only a sophomore. Westview is better than Upperman, and Cheatham County, this year.

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

No offense, but I'm not sure Meigs is a top 5 team right now with all the youth they start.  With more games played and getting the injured Junior (who scored her 1,000th point as a Sophomore) back in  January, they'll be a better team by season's end.
BTW, are you JC?

You could be right, they are young starting 4 sophomores and 1 Junior. But they are playing good ball right now, they lead at the half against Oak Ridge, they just got tired at the end. getting the other Junior back will just make them better. They will be a handful at tournament time. And no this is not JC.

5 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I believe they're better than Upperman and CC this year. Take away the injuries last year at the State tourney, it would've been Upperman and Westview..but that's basketball and I didn't make any excuses for them last year when it all happened. Last year, Westview was the only team that had a chance or could've beaten Upperman last year. Not taking anything from any of those teams on that list, but visually watching Westview totally dismantle Jackson South Side last week made me a believer. They haven't been this "rounded" in the last 6 years. IMO

3 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I believe they're better than Upperman and CC this year. Take away the injuries last year at the State tourney, it would've been Upperman and Westview..but that's basketball and I didn't make any excuses for them last year when it all happened. Last year, Westview was the only team that had a chance or could've beaten Upperman last year. Not taking anything from any of those teams on that list, but visually watching Westview totally dismantle Jackson South Side last week made me a believer. They haven't been this "rounded" in the last 6 years. IMO

They don’t have a “stud” this year but have solid players at every position. If you try and stop one player then the other four will hurt you. I agree...best well rounded team I have seen in a while. The 8th grader coming up is unreal. She is averaging close to 25 points per game in middle school!