Early Class AA Predictions

ballinup90

Well... it doesn’t look like there’s any specific front runner in AA from our area this year. Jackson South Side looked really good last night against Greenfield, but sustaining that consistency throughout the season, and into the tournaments, will be key for them. Westview isn’t guaranteed Murfreesboro like they have been in years past. Chester County, Dyersburg, and Crockett County have some talent. McNairy has, in my opinion, the best college prospect in AA basketball in the state in Khyla Wade-Warren, but I’m not sure she will be able to carry that team to Murfreesboro. It’s going to come down to who is playing the best ball late in late February.

Edited by GCPioneer

1 hour ago, Wilson5521 said:

Just got an update from the Westview VS Cumberland county game.

Cumberland county up at the half  27 to 16 

final score Cumberland County 52 Westview 25

It's not a shocker that CC won, but that margin of victory tells me WV is in trouble this year. It'll be interesting to see if they make it this year for the 7th time in a row. Thanks for the updates. Good win Cumberland County. 

10 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I don't keep up much with east tn or west but in middle tn it looks like Macon County, Upperman, Cheatham County, and East Nashville are all off to strong starts. 

In the East the front runners are South Greene, Meigs County and Granger. South Green has the easiest path IMO. Meigs will more than likely have to face Macon, Cumberland County or Upperman in substate.

On 12/21/2018 at 4:00 PM, Tnrazrbac10 said:

We may get to see Westview play Cumberland tomorrow at Hilton Head S.C. This would be a great test for both teams early in the season. They both must win today.... I think this neutral site game could give the rest of the state some insight on where theses teams will be in Feb/March... I like Westview by 6-10 if they get an opportunity to play.

Boy were you wrong!

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

I've been wrong before, but I also realize that a tournament loss out of state doesn't equate to not making it to the State Tourney in March. We have more than a few of those gold balls over here in NW Tennessee and I've been around the game a little while. lol

What school are you referring to in NW Tennessee? Martin Westview? 

If South Side plays like they did against Greenfield and Gibson County, they're capable of beating a lot of teams in AA.... the consistency of winning the games they should win will determine whether they make it to Murfreesboro or not. Miller has been the one that's talked about for South Side throughout her entire high school career, but these past 2 games for South Side, Makayla Transou has really stood out. If they can get those two going every night, they'll be tough to deal with!

Edited by GCPioneer

6 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

If South Side plays like they did against Greenfield and Gibson County, they're capable of beating a lot of teams in AA.... the consistency of winning the games they should win will determine whether they make it to Murfreesboro or not. Miller has been the one that's talked about for South Side throughout her entire high school career, but these past 2 games for South Side, Makayla Transou has really stood out. If they can get those two going every night, they'll be tough to deal with!

Yea that’s true! We gotta win in some tough places! Our district will be tough, we beat Lexington. We lost to Chester Co, which we beat Lexington and then Chester Co lost to McNairy! It will be tight at the top 14AA! Then on to the region 7AA Lexington slit with Crockett Co, South Side beat DBurg, Chester Co lost to Crockett. South Side got a beat down from Westview so it will be tight race in 7AA! Also I agree #2 Makayla is my cousin. She has been on a mission  here lately! 14points 10 rebounds, 15 &8, 25&15, 25&8, 31&8 last five games

If SS finds a way to outlast the other team and the officials they will be tough to beat. You could tell that the way the games are called gets to them. They play an aggressive, up in your jock style of basketball and the refs either arent use to that, especially when they play Single A and private schools, or they penalize them for being aggressive. I've heard rumors about refs disliking them and their coaches and I would hope that adults, refs, wouldn't do kids that way because of a vendetta so to speak against a a coach. I think their coach does a great job with those girls and he like any other coach will have his kids back when he feels they are being treated unfairly. I think they will be on all cylinders by tournament time and will be tough to beat. They have a two 6 footers that with some growth and development along the way may cause teams some issue and I believe they are underclassmen.

Edited by RealisticFan45