South Pittsburg vs Marion County(Grider against that Mathis man)

Roy Dillard

have to give it to MC for laying it on the line tonight. They were totally out manned but they gave it there all. SP read and heard from to many Pirate faithful of about how good we are and this was going to be a cake walk.  I am glad we had a 4 qt game tonight for the starters. A lot of work to do and so glad this off week is coming to help us get some people mended. 62 is a great lineman and I am sure he wanted to play this being his SR year, but I hope after this game he didn't hurt his leg worse. Very sloppy game for SP but I'll take over 500 yards of offense and give up, maybe 125 or so and a win anyday over Jasper. We have some work to do for sure and maybe we were looking ahead a little? Congrats to Vic on win 200 in 20 years. 

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

I saw that durn agent man under that white tent on Griders field.  I went over to that tower mans concession stand and got a zaxbys chicken to go with my red bull.  That tower man charges way to  much.  My durn chicken was cold.  I got real mad.  You  think im joking but im not. 

Roy, are you going to start us a web site or are you too busy choking on a fudge round behind that Grider man's tent?

Congrats Pirates on the “W”. Congrats to The Captain on his monumental win as head coach. The 200th win was the worse display of fundamentals seen @ the Speedway in decades, possibly ever! The Warriors came ready to play, the Pirates obviously did not. Suppose a mercy rule win over Jasper after such terrible play fundamentally is the big positive. Ifin this sloppy play doesn’t get fixed soon, the season will end long before predicted. There were some big plays defensively, the key interceptions by Tipton & Brown along with several tackles for loss by various players. Offensively & special teams did not lack effort but glaringly did lack discipline & fundamentals. Runners need to work on feet work & balance. Snaps & exchanges were atrocious, linemen not knowing the snap count is inexcusable. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Upvote 2

Dearest Mother-

You can come out of your safe place, take off your boots and kick up your heels. I write to inform you Captain Victory has sent Captain Fear Beard back up the road with only a few whiskers to spare. The epic battle was waged from a strong ground attack with just enough aerial bombardment along with some quick strick advavances and very expertly fortified defenses. In the end Captain Victory achieved his 200th career campaign win and his Band of Pirates stood tall and proud. Sweet Mother of mine, kill the fatted calf, pluck the biggest chicken, for your youngest son, who is of strong body and sound mind is coming home for 2 days of furlough. And he is famished. -

Sergeant Southtowner 

• Upvote 1

My earlier prediction that we would win by only three or four TDs was because of the rivalry and because I just couldn't believe that Jasper was that down.  If you take away all our mistakes we would have won by ten TDs.  We have four weeks to get ready for Whitwell - we'll need them.

1 hour ago, D60 said:

My earlier prediction that we would win by only three or four TDs was because of the rivalry and because I just couldn't believe that Jasper was that down.  If you take away all our mistakes we would have won by ten TDs.  We have four weeks to get ready for Whitwell - we'll need them.

And next week the Warriors come to Wayne Turner Field. Sounds like it was a emotional game. Rams will be ready!

• Like 1

David Lipscomb and Goodpasutre are going to be huge test for the Pirates. They are playing some really good ball right now. Thinking back to some positives...1. For as muggy it was I thought we managed cramps well. 2. With everyone keying on Garrett it has opened up the outside game and we capitalized well. 3. The defense continues to play well.

Last night was the first time this year we really missed Cade fielding punts. You have to know when to catch them and when to let them go. Having Ronto or Frame back there would be a good choice imo.