Naders cross tha creik two 825

STARSNBARS

Despite the refs ignoring a blatant late hit on an Alcoa player in the 3rd and letting Tee Hodge bring out an obvious touchback late  in the 4th Alcoa wins 34-28.  I rarely complain about officiating, but those two non-calls were very beneficial to Maryvilles comeback attempt.  Hate to see those of mistakes.  Other than that, a fantastic game.  Both teams played like champions.  Maryvilles uncharasteric turnovers were the deciding factor.  Both teams will be great going forward.   I sure am glad Alcoa won.  Both my daughters have got to see Alcoa beat Maryville their sophomore years!  Appreciate Maryvilles fans being classy as always.  They are always gracious hosts win or lose.   

Edited by dimstar0625

7 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

I think Alcoa can play with Oakland!!

Hahahahahahahahaha.....breathe....hahahahahahahaha!!!! Tin cans rolled up the #1 on their own field!!

Get use to it! Sophomores were big in this game!!!:thumb:

I'll take our Juniors over your Sophomores. Congratulations though, 1 out of 10 is still .100.

9 hours ago, strongx said:

Game day for what once was one of the biggest rivalries in TN. Alco/Murvil. Two big time TN football programs.  A whole bunch of state titles. The blount county championship is on the line tonight and a lifetime of bragging rights for some seniors. Most importantly, the pecking order of local recruiting rides on this game. EVERYBODY says alco is goooood this year, and this could be a loss for murvil. Alco is good every year, so is murvil. Murvil appears bigger and faster this year than in the past, maybe alco is as well. It's hard to bet against murvil in this one at home when they may have the best two athletes on the field tonight. Alco is 4-21 in the last 25 meetings. Will the purple/silver have enough or is it ALOT of wishful thinking?

MURVIL HIGH IS THE WINNING TEAM! ALCO MIDDLE SCHOOL IS THE LOSING TEAM! JUST BLAME IT ON THE REFEREES! 22-4 IS THE SCOREBOARD!

Good luck to all the players tonight. I look forward to a competitive, injury-free game.:thumb:

Bahahahahahaha!!!

You guys having fun it looks like ! Enjoy it ... Alcoa is the Real Deal ... Very obvious that the Alcoa Offense under Maryville Boy David Sweetland is looking very diversified ... Alcoa line whipped Maryville on both lines of scrimmage too . The Defensive Coordinator .... also a Murvil boy , had the defense playing inspired ball no doubt . Maryville made way too many mistakes to win the game and it was amazing that Maryville had a chance to win but turnovers kept coming at the worst times possible . Enjoy your night Compton , I'd much rather lose with Class , than win and act like an idiot . Maryville still has a chance to win State , just like in 2010 when Alcoa beat us , and yes , us Maryville guys were there pulling for Alcoa to win it all that year too , just like every year . 

I don't care who we play , I think predicting scores in high school is silly , and any Maryville fan who didn't think this would be a tough game ... well I guess I don't have to say anything else really . You'll never in all my years on here find me predicting a score or a win before the game , guess I'm just Old School . Good Luck to Alcoa the rest of the way ... I think they'll definitely have a 15-0 season , and I hope we can meet you guys down in Cookeville ... now Maryville can get back to work , and try to improve where they need to , you fellers have a good night , It was an Awesome game and Ol Pepvol better get his Butt to sleep , 430am comes pretty dang early !! lol