West Carroll @ Dresden

HevyReturns

I've been in Dresden since 2010. From then until now I have NEVER heard any player, any coach, nor parents "preach" hurting opponents. We probably have a different circle we both travel in though so I can't say "nobody" does it, it's just not happened around me that I recall. I DID watch & hear a video made by a Humboldt fan, and the fans were hollering "hit his knees! Take him out!"... referring to Dresser Winn. And fyi, I quit a very promising boxing career when our coach started teaching me, after I knocked out the  state champ of my/our weight class (super heavyweight) in a sparing match (we had 4 champs on that team), he was showing me how to cut the other guy because "you can always win on a cut", he'd say. I quit. Cheaters never win (ultimately) & winners never cheat is what I've always taught, and heard taught by coaches, and fellow-parents in the many towns  I've lived in TN, WY, TX, IIllinois, MS, & NC. No I am not naive, it happens, but I not see nor heard. I would have taken my child out of such a program if this was how they played. In the WC game, there were lots of loud & upset parents at what was happening on field, but I didn't know about what until late Sat night when someone showed me this video. So during the game when I typing above posts I didn't know, but there WAS lots of other fans upset about it, & saying so. Thus another post made out of ignorance when saying no such talk was made until after the game. At one point I thought some of our fans were going to rush the field they were so upset, didn't know why until many hours later. I did hear our fans being very, very upset at players for their penalties. and for refs not blowing the whistle & allowing big piles of "tacklers vs blockers" to continue on, which could potentially hurt players from either team. I got in on that action of chastening the refs. And YES, >I< (& my family) am without this sin of cheating, or telling others it's OK & part of the game. or trying to injure others! ARRRGGGGG! I ***HATE*** such stuff! So I will cast stones when its justified. And I also stand up in our stands & publicly during games speak out against our own fans who are being jerks & super negative. Ask around, people who know me will tell you I speak truth. Because I fear no person (only God), and I mean NOBODY & I don't care what others say or think when I know I am in the right. The negative folk probably hate me, & wont speak favorably of me or others like me. But so what? I know the truth about myself & what has happened to me over the years, namely: I have had almost all the coaches, many of our players, even players on opposing teams!, and quite a few  folk come up to me after games, & even in stores around town, it's common for them to come up to me (or text me) saying Thank You for the things I say & way I am as a fan during the games. Anyone coming at me -personally- & trying to malign my character is doing so out of complete ignorance (lack of all the facts, lit. 'No/without knowledge', two Latin words), or are doing so as a manifestation of their own heart, morals, & standards and not caring about truth & reality (the principle of "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" & fingers typeth). I speak, & type with a clear & clean heart before God & humanity. And since 2010 I am proud to be part of the Lion Nation fan base. Just because someone says something, or accuses another, or spreads hearsay & gossip & rumors & therefore gives others "a reputation" from such trash, that does not make it so. At least it wont be so to those who understand such things & care about truth. However, video evidence is not hearsay nor rumors. Just plain facts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZEBRA35 said:

For all you Dresden fans throwing stones shame on you. Your program has ALWAYS been one of the dirtiest in West TN in every sport. Truth hurts

***Zebra... I heard from many reliable sources that you have taken bribes in multiple games, probably due to a serious Pete Rose style gambling addiction, and that mistress you keep on the side must be expensive too. And all the abuse stories I heard about you, how you treat your kids & wife. And dont get me started on your drug & drinking habit. Dude!.. How you can show your face in public is beyond me. Shame, shame, shame on you. ***

^^^ There. Just because (in order to make a point) these LIES are told, does that make it so? What if thousands of people copy & pasted these lies on internet, a couple of papers reported it, & several sports reporters repeated all this? "EVERYONE" would agree in believing this trash.. it's now "public knowledge", and everyone knows it to be so, right? ... OF COURSE NOT. And such statements as yours which I quoted above, such nonsense I usually don't waste my time addressing. Just because you (or anyone else, no matter how many say it) says something is true does not make it so! I type hoping maybe a peek of truth's light can break thru and expose the nonsense you spewed. Sometimes such talk as yours needs to be shot down with little lessons like I tried to share. I hope so. But maybe not. The seed of truth may not bear fruit due to the quality of soil it falls upon. I'm not responsible for that part of the transaction though, just for the sharing. I did so, now I'm done with all this. My views are now made public. ~~adiõs.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tide21 said:

We were never told to try to hurt someone or target someone when I played. Was I told to chop block someone yes but to try to hurt someone never. There was never talk of an advantage of someone getting hurt on the opposing team 

Is a chop block not capable of hurting someone? I should have chose that word differently, hurt is harse, maybe roughed up would have been better. But bottom line is the team knows who key players are, we are kidding ourselves if they don't get extra contact. Dirty or not it happens. Talking with several kids,  crazy s-it happens in a football game. Usually on both teams. Cant change what happens I say shut this thread down. Before Zebra and Revy have a Battle Royale on some back road. What is the phrase many coaches use "controlled sense of rage", sometimes it's hard for kids to do. 

Just for the record I've done stuff like that also. One time I stepped on an opponents golf ball while he wasn't looking. I did repent when I sobered up.

8 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

I've been in Dresden since 2010. From then until now I have NEVER heard any player, any coach, nor parents "preach" hurting opponents. We probably have a different circle we both travel in though so I can't say "nobody" does it, it's just not happened around me that I recall. I DID watch & hear a video made by a Humboldt fan, and the fans were hollering "hit his knees! Take him out!"... referring to Dresser Winn. And fyi, I quit a very promising boxing career when our coach started teaching me, after I knocked out the  state champ of my/our weight class (super heavyweight) in a sparing match (we had 4 champs on that team), he was showing me how to cut the other guy because "you can always win on a cut", he'd say. I quit. Cheaters never win (ultimately) & winners never cheat is what I've always taught, and heard taught by coaches, and fellow-parents in the many towns  I've lived in TN, WY, TX, IIllinois, MS, & NC. No I am not naive, it happens, but I not see nor heard. I would have taken my child out of such a program if this was how they played. In the WC game, there were lots of loud & upset parents at what was happening on field, but I didn't know about what until late Sat night when someone showed me this video. So during the game when I typing above posts I didn't know, but there WAS lots of other fans upset about it, & saying so. Thus another post made out of ignorance when saying no such talk was made until after the game. At one point I thought some of our fans were going to rush the field they were so upset, didn't know why until many hours later. I did hear our fans being very, very upset at players for their penalties. and for refs not blowing the whistle & allowing big piles of "tacklers vs blockers" to continue on, which could potentially hurt players from either team. I got in on that action of chastening the refs. And YES, >I< (& my family) am without this sin of cheating, or telling others it's OK & part of the game. or trying to injure others! ARRRGGGGG! I ***HATE*** such stuff! So I will cast stones when its justified. And I also stand up in our stands & publicly during games speak out against our own fans who are being jerks & super negative. Ask around, people who know me will tell you I speak truth. Because I fear no person (only God), and I mean NOBODY & I don't care what others say or think when I know I am in the right. The negative folk probably hate me, & wont speak favorably of me or others like me. But so what? I know the truth about myself & what has happened to me over the years, namely: I have had almost all the coaches, many of our players, even players on opposing teams!, and quite a few  folk come up to me after games, & even in stores around town, it's common for them to come up to me (or text me) saying Thank You for the things I say & way I am as a fan during the games. Anyone coming at me -personally- & trying to malign my character is doing so out of complete ignorance (lack of all the facts, lit. 'No/without knowledge', two Latin words), or are doing so as a manifestation of their own heart, morals, & standards and not caring about truth & reality (the principle of "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" & fingers typeth). I speak, & type with a clear & clean heart before God & humanity. And since 2010 I am proud to be part of the Lion Nation fan base. Just because someone says something, or accuses another, or spreads hearsay & gossip & rumors & therefore gives others "a reputation" from such trash, that does not make it so. At least it wont be so to those who understand such things & care about truth. However, video evidence is not hearsay nor rumors. Just plain facts. 

8 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

***Zebra... I heard from many reliable sources that you have taken bribes in multiple games, probably due to a serious Pete Rose style gambling addiction, and that mistress you keep on the side must be expensive too. And all the abuse stories I heard about you, how you treat your kids & wife. And dont get me started on your drug & drinking habit. Dude!.. How you can show your face in public is beyond me. Shame, shame, shame on you. ***

^^^ There. Just because (in order to make a point) these LIES are told, does that make it so? What if thousands of people copy & pasted these lies on internet, a couple of papers reported it, & several sports reporters repeated all this? "EVERYONE" would agree in believing this trash.. it's now "public knowledge", and everyone knows it to be so, right? ... OF COURSE NOT. And such statements as yours which I quoted above, such nonsense I usually don't waste my time addressing. Just because you (or anyone else, no matter how many say it) says something is true does not make it so! I type hoping maybe a peek of truth's light can break thru and expose the nonsense you spewed. Sometimes such talk as yours needs to be shot down with little lessons like I tried to share. I hope so. But maybe not. The seed of truth may not bear fruit due to the quality of soil it falls upon. I'm not responsible for that part of the transaction though, just for the sharing. I did so, now I'm done with all this. My views are now made public. ~~adiõs.  

You need the calm down. You are completely out of control. Please remember these are 15-18 kids playing a sport and as much as you want it to be about you, it isn’t. Before you say it’s not, your cute little story about you boxing, proves it. It’s a shame the young man got hurt, but you still trying to prove your point 5 days later is starting to sound like a sore loser. No one else from Dresden is doing this. 

Edited by Waker

It is time to move on. Intentional or not, I'm sure the player that everyone is blasting feels terrible. Anyone that saw Yates Facebook post about his knee knows he is handling it with 100% more class than the adults on the T about his injury. We could all learn something from this young man. Instead of bashing young men & football programs, lets pray for him & all the HS athletes competing in every HS sport. You know the risk of injury when you play a sport & you never know when it could be your son or daughter or loved one. 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic