AP POLL CLASS 1A SEPT 17 2018

Southtowner

1 hour ago, HHSFBF said:

They might have played some as Freshman and maybe 1 or 2 started as Sophomores, but in my 20+ years of watching Huntingdon football there have only been a handful of kids come through that "started" as freshman. I do agree the next 2 years we should be in the hunt for a gold ball (if coached correctly) but after that only time will tell.

As I've heard Coach Ward say many times. For ever sophomore you start is a game you lost !

3 minutes ago, Waker said:

That didn’t ring true last year because there were several sophomores starting last year. Only lost 1 game. 

Your right. Players this day and time are much more ready to play at a younger age than in the Paul Ward days. Starting younger with good weight programs makes a big difference and kids are just bigger now. A 240 lb player was a monster in my days.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

I'm glad so few are talking about Cornersville.  Overlooked and mostly forgotten is just where we want to be.

I dang sure ain't forgetting about Cornersville. Y'all got my utmost respect. Y'all hit so hard last year I felt bruised sitting on the 2nd row. Y'all are my kinda team. We had a great game last going down to the wire. Hopefully we get to have Huntingdon vs Cornersville 2 later on the Majic Carpet.

2 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I dang sure ain't forgetting about Cornersville. Y'all got my utmost respect. Y'all hit so hard last year I felt bruised sitting on the 2nd row. Y'all are my kinda team. We had a great game last going down to the wire. Hopefully we get to have Huntingdon vs Cornersville 2 later on the Majic Carpet.

Not me. I hope they get beat first round and they sink back into the old comfortable surroundings of oblivion. Only for their posters sake.

38 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

I'm glad so few are talking about Cornersville.  Overlooked and mostly forgotten is just where we want to be.

When you Cornersville Pups come to Huntingdon in Round 3 make sure you buy a program. The 11 seniors were all asked which team they wanted to beat the most. Guess who it was? McKenzie? Milan? Wayne Co? Nope. CORNERSVILLE! Coaches will tell you they are focused on this weeks game at Milan which I believe they are but there is 1 date circled on the calendar in red and that's Round 3 of the playoffs CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON! GET YA POPCORN READY...CAN'T WAIT!

6 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

When you Cornersville Pups come to Huntingdon in Round 3 make sure you buy a program. The 11 seniors were all asked which team they wanted to beat the most. Guess who it was? McKenzie? Milan? Wayne Co? Nope. CORNERSVILLE! Coaches will tell you they are focused on this weeks game at Milan which I believe they are but there is 1 date circled on the calendar in red and that's Round 3 of the playoffs CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON! GET YA POPCORN READY...CAN'T WAIT!

If they are looking past Rounds 1 and 2, they are making a mistake.  A key injury or a hungry opponent in the 1st or 2nd Round could end Huntingdon's season before they ever see Cornersville.

13 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

I'm looking past them. I will eat my crow IF I'm wrong. Cornersville Round 3 at Huntingdon Semi Finals at Lake Co and Stangs get gold ball #2 after they whip Greenback in Cookeville! Ya heard it here 1st!

After watching Cornersville beat Moore County and Mt. Pleasant by a combined score of 87-0, I'm taking the Dawgs for all the marbles.