AP POLL CLASS 1A SEPT 17 2018

Southtowner

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Are Yates and Crawford going to be back at all? The wheels seem to be coming off quickly. It sounds like the upset over Lake County was fortunate and due to many turnovers by the Falcons. Would that be accurate?

Yates is done in all sports for the year. Crawford I think fractured collar bone so I doubt you would see him again this football season. Jones is a good QB but no one left to hand the ball to since he and yates were primary running backs. We have a couple good receivers but with only a QB sneak as running plays we are in trouble. I wasn't at the Lake County game but it does seem that LC likes to shoot themselves in the foot when they play Dresden. Just like when Dresden plays Huntingdon. 

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

Yates is done in all sports for the year. Crawford I think fractured collar bone so I doubt you would see him again this football season. Jones is a good QB but no one left to hand the ball to since he and yates were primary running backs. We have a couple good receivers but with only a QB sneak as running plays we are in trouble. I wasn't at the Lake County game but it does seem that LC likes to shoot themselves in the foot when they play Dresden. Just like when Dresden plays Huntingdon. 

Or we Huntingdung plays Cornersville. :)

3 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Hmmm guess the coaches stink!

Didn’t say that but if you remember how our school used to be and how it is now there is a big difference. You can even go back and see how many kids transferred in then compared to now. O&b and I talked about this very thing earlier today. So not picking at the coaches but we have had good coaches since the 80’s. 

Edited by Gbnation

28 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Didn’t say that but if you remember how our school used to be and how it is now there is a big difference. You can even go back and see how many kids transferred in then compared to now. O&b and I talked about this very thing earlier today. So not picking at the coaches but we have had good coaches since the 80’s. 

Ridge and that nut from Fla he hired in 09 were terrible,Ridge was too conceited and wouldnt play the kids we needed to win.Hicks was to personal had too many "friends" on the team.Williams just wasnt a head coach and was smart enough to give it up.Other than that small group we have had outstanding coaching.

New school is the game changer it's brought some kids in that would have never been here before.I personally have seen parents come in and look at that old dilapidated school we had and turn their nose up and walk off. The coaching does help without a doubt but the kids have to get there and we had zero transfers back in the day with that old crappy School.

Edited by orngnblk

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Ridge and that nut from Fla he hired in 09 were terrible,Ridge was too conceited and wouldnt play the kids we needed to win.Hicks was to personal had too many "friends" on the team.Williams just wasnt a head coach and was smart enough to give it up.Other than that small group we have had outstanding coaching.

New school is the game changer it's brought some kids in that would have never been here before.I personally have seen parents come in and look at that old dilapidated school we had and turn their nose up and walk off. The coaching does help without a doubt but the kids have to get there and we had zero transfers back in the day with that old crappy School.

I agree, he made it sound like I was taking a shot at the coaches and it wasn’t. Oh well back to football lol.