AP POLL CLASS 1A SEPT 17 2018

Southtowner

34 minutes ago, AllAboutTheW said:

I don’t think anyone in the east will come close to playing a 4 quarter game with GB or SP 

Next year? Neither do I. I think SP will be in a similar spot as Greenback as this season. They should represent the east in 2019 with Greenback being a close second. 

56 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I don't think it gets smaller it will stay about the same. Take Whitwell out of the east add in another region 2 team. As for the west put up the usual suspects and add a random senior loaded school and it will be about the same as it is every year. 

I think it gets smaller because SP and Greenback will be the only two teams with a chance in 2019. 

23 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I dont know man you know how us small schools work. It always runs in cycles up a few years down a few. Right now we are on a good run our youth program is really paying dividends from the years of work these kids have put in. Our midget group is loaded they are beating Alcoa And Maryville so we should be good for years to come. Plus with the new school a lot of families are wanting to move in. As for the other 1A schools in the east they will be up and down just like always. 

What is a midget group? If you have groups that beat Alcoa and Maryville then we need to put an asterisk beside those years and send the trophy to Greenback, Tennessee. 

9 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Next year? Neither do I. I think SP will be in a similar spot as Greenback as this season. They should represent the east in 2019 with Greenback being a close second. 

I think it gets smaller because SP and Greenback will be the only two teams with a chance in 2019. 

What is a midget group? If you have groups that beat Alcoa and Maryville then we need to put an asterisk beside those years and send the trophy to Greenback, Tennessee. 

Midget group is our middle school kids. This group won the Battle of Rocky top which is a national tournament a couple of years ago. They are really good and should be fun to watch for years to come.

Dresden right now might be in the top 15 in west TN. We aren't going to scare anyone until someone disciplines this team. We have the talent without Yates and Crawford to beat some teams. From what I witnessed at Greenfield their team is smaller than BPM's brain or manhood. But they have a couple kids who can fly. If they get outside they are gone. Contain the edges and they cant do anything. Not hating on Lake County or West Carroll but I don't see anyone in our area hanging with Huntingdon. Maybe Cornersville but I don't know anything about them. Go Vero Beach Fighting Indians!!!!! 

36 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Dresden right now might be in the top 15 in west TN. We aren't going to scare anyone until someone disciplines this team. We have the talent without Yates and Crawford to beat some teams. From what I witnessed at Greenfield their team is smaller than BPM's brain or manhood. But they have a couple kids who can fly. If they get outside they are gone. Contain the edges and they cant do anything. Not hating on Lake County or West Carroll but I don't see anyone in our area hanging with Huntingdon. Maybe Cornersville but I don't know anything about them. Go Vero Beach Fighting Indians!!!!! 

Are Yates and Crawford going to be back at all? The wheels seem to be coming off quickly. It sounds like the upset over Lake County was fortunate and due to many turnovers by the Falcons. Would that be accurate?

Edited by TheAmbassador