PHS vs GC (Homecoming)

Goldenpride

10 minutes ago, GCPioneerFan said:

No worries here Goldenpride.  Like i said earlier 4000 people live in Trenton and you have about 25 village idiots that cannot cannot accept getting their butts sand papered.  Earlier this week it was all fun bashing their opponent, talking trash and bragging about how they were going to stomp GC ..........until they lost.  Actually i think it is hilarious.   The sad part is they are making fools out of themselves and the fan base of Trenton.  

They have set this team and coaching staff on a pedestal and expect blowouts. Now they cannot accept defeat with out blaming the wet ground, the refs, coaches  and not wanting to hurt anyone feelings etc, Get a grip Trenton.  14-18 year old kids will let you down in sports sometimes....it happens.....geeee.  You have a good staff and very good players, shut up and move on.....dang.  Its about these kids not you.  

You guys remind me of the liberal media spreading fake news, complaining and wanting to protest.....lol.  Peabody is a very good team, the boys will recover and i think they will make a very good run but I'm not so sure about some of your fan base. 

Don't take this wrong what I am about to say.  GC was the better team last night and they were prepared.   The bottom line is you guys were exposed in a couple areas.  The D and O lines are big,  but slower than what i was expecting from all the hype of earlier post. I didn't see 4.4 speed anywhere on the field.  Actually, Rico ran 70 yards for a TD with 3 defenders 3-5 yards behind him. BTW,  He is not the fastest guy on our team.   I could be wrong but your QB was the only one that got outside on us and gained significant yards.  Your QB is VERY athletic and gained some yards on us.  I think he was rushed, sacked and hit hard a few times and his passing accuracy declined causing a couple interceptions.  Your running back is a hoss. Good linebacker play.   The goal line stand was a slug fest.  Eight plays from the 11 or 12 yard line, 4th quarter, clock running down........classic.  Bottom line is.....you got to finish.  

There is no doubt in my mind your coaches will have this corrected before the next game.  I think you guys will be dangerous now.  Good luck to you guys the rest of the way out.  

Well said. Good luck to y’all as well. 1 more win for y’all and y’all have done something that hasn’t happened in a long time. I’m glad to see that honestly. Great fan support on yalls part too. Reminded me of a playoff atmosphere. 

Since this is a "football forum", I'll talk football.  I've seen the picture.  It's blurry and really doesn't prove anything.  In fact, it wouldn't have been overturned in college or NFL.  NOT CONCLUSIVE PROOF.  His knee is on the line and the ref is standing right there looking at his knee.  I understand that you see what you see because emotions are involved.  But if that was a Pioneer TD, then you'd be arguing my point.  Take the loss, learn from it, and move on.  That's football and that's life.  We've been waiting a long time for this.  Just let us enjoy it.  Geez...

23 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Peabody was dominated up front all night long. Peabody got flat out outplayed & out coached. Peabody’s offense looked remedial. I think they’re best playmaker, #7, may have touched the ball only a handful of times. GC schemed well & Peabody just got embarrassed in all aspects of the game. Jacobs has a lot of revaluating to do after this loss. Gibson County has a heck of a team. Very physical & they are fast. I think these two teams may meet up again in the playoffs. 

Yeah, this game was won at the line.  Next meeting should be interesting.  I appreciate a fan who owns a loss.

38 minutes ago, pioneerfowife said:

Since this is a "football forum", I'll talk football.  I've seen the picture.  It's blurry and really doesn't prove anything.  In fact, it wouldn't have been overturned in college or NFL.  NOT CONCLUSIVE PROOF.  His knee is on the line and the ref is standing right there looking at his knee.  I understand that you see what you see because emotions are involved.  But if that was a Pioneer TD, then you'd be arguing my point.  Take the loss, learn from it, and move on.  That's football and that's life.  We've been waiting a long time for this.  Just let us enjoy it.  Geez...

Yeah, this game was won at the line.  Next meeting should be interesting.  I appreciate a fan who owns a loss.

I agree with the post. But be careful with the next meeting comment. A long way to the playoffs for you and Peabody to meet again. Just saying. 

I thought it was kind of rude for their fans to be yelling, screaming and saying the band sucks during Peabody's band performance. When our fans and band members respected their band performance when they was performing at the end of the game. Also, their fans were vandalizing cars, trying to destroy the greenhouse, mess up the practice football, fans walking out the stadium saying Peabody sucks. This is all I got to say when is the last time GC ever won a game!!!! Its not about the lost at all!! Its just that Trenton doesn't like GC at all and its been like that for years. Trenton Peabody guys just didn't come out on the field to play. It was a totally different group of guys playing. If they would of came out and played like they played against these other teams they would of whooped GC. These guys has been playing with each other for years and I know they had it in them. Past couple of years they been back and forth with Union City, they beat a really good TCA and Adamsville team. Just because you win the Region doesn't mean your going to state. You gotta play teams that is not even in the region to get to state. There is a really good Huntingdon team out there. There are  a lot teams thats good. I know they can do it. If they can beat a really good Union City team when they were good. I know they can beat anybody. GIbson Co. team is good, but not good compared to the past  Union City teams. GC will more than likely run into Peabody again and this time it won't be nice and it has proven a couple of times with Union City, Adamsville, and TCA.

26 minutes ago, goldentide2019 said:

I thought it was kind of rude for their fans to be yelling, screaming and saying the band sucks during Peabody's band performance. When our fans and band members respected their band performance when they was performing at the end of the game. Also, their fans were vandalizing cars, trying to destroy the greenhouse, mess up the practice football, fans walking out the stadium saying Peabody sucks. This is all I got to say when is the last time GC ever won a game!!!! Its not about the lost at all!! Its just that Trenton doesn't like GC at all and its been like that for years. Trenton Peabody guys just didn't come out on the field to play. It was a totally different group of guys playing. If they would of came out and played like they played against these other teams they would of whooped GC. These guys has been playing with each other for years and I know they had it in them. Past couple of years they been back and forth with Union City, they beat a really good TCA and Adamsville team. Just because you win the Region doesn't mean your going to state. You gotta play teams that is not even in the region to get to state. There is a really good Huntingdon team out there. There are  a lot teams thats good. I know they can do it. If they can beat a really good Union City team when they were good. I know they can beat anybody. GIbson Co. team is good, but not good compared to the past  Union City teams. GC will more than likely run into Peabody again and this time it won't be nice and it has proven a couple of times with Union City, Adamsville, and TCA.

First, to answer your question, the last time GC won a game was the Friday night before we beat you.

Second, Peabody experienced a "loss" not a "lost"

Third, our guys have been playing tackle football together too...since 3rd grade.

Sorry, it just hit me.  You must be trolling.

5 hours ago, goldentide2019 said:

Man someone is butthurt!! 

GC knows they aren't a power house team.....But they still beat Peabody, so what's that tell ya?

Huntingdon is 1A so neither team will play them in the playoffs, thankfully. This is proof of a lack of knowledge on the subject and you are trolling.  

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m still in shock over this one. I know Gibson County has improved, but I never saw this coming. 

Yeah but I’m sure Peabody won’t overlook them next time. Right now GC needs to be careful and not celebrate themselves into a loss because Union City is coming in to town Friday. They can’t let Friday be their championship.