Whitwell Tigers @ TC Jackets

TigerfootballFan

10 hours ago, Chad02 said:

I have one question  if  you have all the number 1 seads in the east how do you make it to the championship and the same goes for the west  I'm kind in The dark on this enlightening  me please 

Like the others, I dont completely understand your question or maybe you just dont know how the seeding works. Maybe this helps:

-There are 8 Regions for each classification 1A thru 6A across the State. 

-The Regions have a varying number of teams but only the top 4  in each Region make it to the playoffs.

-Those 4 teams are seeded based on there standings within the Region.

-When the playoffs start only 32 Teams remain (4 from each of the 8 Regions).

-Those 32 teams are broken up into 4 quadrants (Regions 1/2, Regions 3/4, Region 5/6 and Region 7/8). So there are 8 Total #1 seeds, 2 per quad.

AP Ranking or any other ranking system is not considered, the only thing that matters is Region Record.

Each week (started a couple of weeks ago) i post an updated Playoff Match-up based on games played and current standings so you can start to see where your team falls into the mix and who they will be matched up against. 

On 10/1/2018 at 8:24 AM, BCB~MVP said:

Weekly Edition of .....

By The Numbers:

Whitwell heads to John Kerr Field, aka The Creekbank, for Friday's Nights Match-up sporting a 6-0 record. They are currently scoring an impressive 48.3 PPG (points per game). Their defense is stout with another impressive number of 6.8 PPG, including 3 shutouts. They have beaten 1 DII-1A team, 2 1A teams, 2 2A teams, and 1 3A team. Their previous opponents have a combined record of 10-28 (26% win ratio) with Polk Co. being the only team with a winning record at 4-2. 2 of the opponents are 0-7. Still the Tigers have beaten their opponents the way they should have and it's no fault of their own that the teams on their schedule have not had good years.

Trousdale Co. enters Friday night hoisting a 5-2 record. They are averaging 29.9 PPG while giving up 11.3 PPG. They as well have 3 shutouts (last 3 games). They have lost to 1 6A team and 1 2A team. They have beat 1 DII-1A school, 1 4A school, 2 2A schools, and a 1A school. The Jackets' previous opponents currently hold a combined record of 33-14 (70% win ratio) with only 4A Macon Co. holding a below .500 record. All the other schools have winning records. 

The 2 schools do no have any common opponents on their schedules. The teams have split the last 2 games. Trousdale Co. eliminated the Whitwell in 2014 from the playoffs with a 29-0 win. Last year saw the home team Tigers pull out a close one late 17-14. This year's match-up is shaping up to be another exciting game. Whitwell appears to be healthy coming into the game. Trousdale Co. will no doubt be looking forward to the return of former All-State standout Baines (suspension) and OL/DL Seay (Injury). Expecting a large crowd to make their way to Hartsville Friday so get there early if you want a good seat. If you are unable to make it, tune in to 93.5 FM/1090 AM or download the FunRadioTN app on your phone and listen in as the Voice of the Yellow Jackets Jerry Richmond and Cameron Reid call the game. Praying for a injury free, hard nosed ball game and safe travels for all! :thumb: #GATA #RTD #TigerMeat

To add the numbers, I pulled the latest Sonny Moore Rankings.

Whitwell ranks  #72 and their previous opponents average rank is 235.5 including TC. The highest ranked team they have faced thus far is Polk Co. coming in at #170.

Trousdale Co. ranks #93 and their previous opponents average rank is 162.0 including Whitwell. Their highest ranked team that they have faced is Watertown coming in at #57 with Lebanon being a close 2nd at #59. Note: TC lost to these 2 teams by a combined 5 pts. 

1 hour ago, Back2back42 said:

Whitwell gets blown out, I'm calling it now! 

WHS- 13

TC -    42 

I will be very happy if your prediction comes try. I think Whitwell is a lot better team than the team (East Robertson) we played last week, and we scored 42 points against them. I know last year's QB is coming back and another starter who has been out a few weeks is coming back, but I just can't see us beating Whitwell by 29 points, even with both of them returning. However, I will say that I like your crystal ball a lot better than mine. Go Jackets.

BTW, if we beat Whitwell by 29 points, there is no need to go to Cookeville, just give us the gold ball Friday night. We've still got room for one more gold ball.