2a state championship contenders

Bms54

East :

Tyner, Meigs, 

Trousdale, Watertown

West :

Columbia Academy, Waverly Central

Peabody or Union City, Fairley

I believe this to be the 3rd and 4th round teams in all honesty. I could go a round further and put who I think would be in the Semis but really dont want to hear the moan and cries that would follow it. Even though it would be a fair assessment if I did. Anyone think those teams wont make it to third round for some reason? Why not if so.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

East :

Tyner, Meigs, 

Trousdale, Watertown

West :

I believe this to be the 3rd and 4th round teams in all honesty. I could go a round further and put who I think would be in the Semis but really dont want to hear the moan and cries that would follow it. Even though it would be a fair assessment if I did. Anyone think those teams wont make it to third round for some reason? Why not if so.

I know the east looks pretty accurate! Can't speak on the west too much but I think you nailed the east.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

East :

Tyner, Meigs, 

Trousdale, Watertown

West :

I think this is pretty spot on 

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Still can't count them out. They may not be the favorites, but they're too good for one of the consensus picks to overlook. I hope not to sound like I'm beating a dead horse, but in '16 Waverly came to Scotts Hill and flat out blasted us 40-0. They won every phase of that game convincingly, even though we knew what was coming (region opponents that we had plenty of film on, and had played in previous years). Fast forward to the playoffs, and we beat the #1 ranked Cardinals on their field, smoked Lewis County at their place, and went to Waverly for the rematch...we lost 20-14 and possessed the ball twice in the final five minutes to take the lead. Losing to Union City by eight doesn't guarantee that the Tornadoes (or anyone else) will eliminate this team in a few weeks. Go back to the GC vs. Peabody thread and re read what even the Tide fans said about the Pioneers play on the field, and any of the favorites could fall to them if they aren't very careful.

I would say Riverside is better than GC any day of the week. So shame on me for not including them. I see your point Trader. I have seen Gibson twice so one of two things either Peabody is not as good as we think or they just had a bad game against GC. UC,TCA,PEABODY, and GIBSON COUNTY will make the playoffs. The film a have seen on Fairley they looked good hard to judge film tho. CA, Waverly, Riverside, TCA, UC, Peabody,Fairley who knows....lol lots of good teams this yr!

6 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

East :

Tyner, Meigs, 

Trousdale, Watertown

West :

Ain't it the truth! LOL!!

Watertown is the team to beat in the East. I became a believer when they came to Forrest.  Offense and Special Teams terrific. Their defense will be tested in the playoffs but it''s the most physical group they have had.  They beat Trousdale and are destroying everyone else. 

Meigs-Watertown would be a good game. I think Watertown would beat Tyner by 14. 

Meig's will not outscore Watertown. Meigs would have to win a 21-20 type game. Smash mouth. 

In the West I have no idea.  Waverly will not 70 point offense their way to Cookeville. UC and Peabody seem to be the faves. CA will fade. 

12 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Watertown is the team to beat in the East. I became a believer when they came to Forrest.  Offense and Special Teams terrific. Their defense will be tested in the playoffs but it''s the most physical group they have had.  They beat Trousdale and are destroying everyone else. 

Meigs-Watertown would be a good game. I think Watertown would beat Tyner by 14. 

Meig's will not outscore Watertown. Meigs would have to win a 21-20 type game. Smash mouth. 

In the West I have no idea.  Waverly will not 70 point offense their way to Cookeville. UC and Peabody seem to be the faves. CA will fade. 

That you're high school photo, Little Nap?

• Like 1