South Pittsburg vs Monterey (Grider against this Hughes man)

Roy Dillard

On 10/27/2018 at 10:54 AM, powerp said:

A dangerous thing for any team...do you get complacent and go through the motions? That's what we have looked like several times this year. Coaches do their job in preparation to set us up for success, but they do not go play. I just have not been able to see consistent fire from our kids this year. 

You guys have a young football team, consistency is usually what young teams struggle with, I don’t think you guys will have much to worry about the next 2 years!!!

1 hour ago, ImaSavage said:

You guys have a young football team, consistency is usually what young teams struggle with, I don’t think you guys will have much to worry about the next 2 years!!!

High school football has changed.  You never know who will transfer in at some schools. I've said it before and I'll say it again, what's happening on a minimum scale will escalate even more.  

1 hour ago, ImaSavage said:

The next 2 we will be very tough to handle but as ambassador said earlier that doesn't help with this year lol

3 hours ago, ImaSavage said:

Old Pirate says theys a HEEP of Pirate supporters running their pie holes. Over criticizing & over boasting have the same end result that ends in hurting the team! Skillet Slingers & skillet heads, most never played and become experts as fans. The Pirates have talent, granted level of talent changes yearly. Old Pirate says the obvious foremost problem is the lack of team chemistry!  Those supporters that are knowledgeable see the lack of solid backups and the weekly personnel shack up due to injuries. The Pirates lost a HEEP more than the few seniors from 2017!  Friday starts the sudden death part of the season. Hopefully the Pirates will mend & show the fight seen several times this year. This OLD PIRATE believes the Pirates have a lot of pride & fight. Time to get totally focused. 

37 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Not even close to being accurate. 

34 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I have to agree with the South Pittsburg posters even mr. Legit said until they beat us they haven't done anything well now they have! But no one that I remember predicted a South Pittsburg win?

Like I told him yesterday. No SP people guaranteed anything this season. As Roy would say.. he’s full of mess! When you have a large, talented senior class like Whitwell and Greenback you are typically going to be the favorite and tough to beat. Whitwell should be a 3 TD favorite over SP in two weeks provided both teams stay the course. 

Some teams like Whitwell and Greenback have alot of players with that God given athletic talent and can overcome some mistakes during games but we are younger with a few player's with that God given talent and can't overcome mistakes as much. We have to really work hard in games and so far as a unit we haven't done that from week to week.  Maybe this is a learning curve bc we will definitely have a team that can contend the next two years for sure, but if we don't learn from this past year we will be talking about the same thing again next year. 

1 hour ago, sportman said:

Some teams like Whitwell and Greenback have alot of players with that God given athletic talent and can overcome some mistakes during games but we are younger with a few player's with that God given talent and can't overcome mistakes as much. We have to really work hard in games and so far as a unit we haven't done that from week to week.  Maybe this is a learning curve bc we will definitely have a team that can contend the next two years for sure, but if we don't learn from this past year we will be talking about the same thing again next year. 

I agree with you. SP has had a lot of teams in the past that had that type talent or better and it could bail them out when they weren’t on their game. That’s not the case with a younger, less talented team. They have to be on their game to have a chance against older, veteran teams.