South Pittsburg vs Monterey (Grider against this Hughes man)

Roy Dillard

3 hours ago, piratetom said:

Pirates got the win. Monterey QB gritty player with great arm. Officials, terrible. Round 2 up next.

He was a very good player. I have to say that Monterey was about as multiple on offense as any team I have ever seen. They went from 5 wide to the veer to the pistol to the etc, etc. I think the only formation they left out was the single wing.

3 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

He was a very good player. I have to say that Monterey was about as multiple on offense as any team I have ever seen. They went from 5 wide to the veer to the pistol to the etc, etc. I think the only formation they left out was the single wing.

They used to run the single wing quite a bit.

3 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

I think they pretty much ran that one too didn’t they? They had all 11 players inside with a direct snap. It was similar at times. LMBO

7 hours ago, piratetom said:

Pirates got the win. Monterey QB gritty player with great arm. Officials, terrible. Round 2 up next.

To me the Key kid #7 is best player on team and he is either a sophomore or a junior. He to me should of been QB last year also. Monterey should have a decent team next year I don’t think they losing much! 

35 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I think they pretty much ran that one too didn’t they? They had all 11 players inside with a direct snap. It was similar at times. LMBO

I always tell everyone I never know what Hughes will pull outta the bag! He is a good coach and if Monterey keeps him and they could snatch a few transfers they got the coach to be good in my opinion!

How’s the nut house been fellas? How’s my boys looking this time of year? Haven’t made it a game since playoffs last year. Would’ve thought that train would be primed and ready for Greenback Round 3 after losing to them last few years but then Whitwell smacked us in the mouth. Surely Whitwell isn’t that good to beat us twice?? After all Cinderella always losses her shoe at stroke of midnight. Another question.....What’s up with our upper classmen? Are guys quitting a lot now a days? Seems like every year the last couple years I’m told we are young....We gotta get old sometime right?? Seems like this was allegedly supposed to be the next best team but it hasn’t panned out that way. Either way based on scores this next game looks to be another blood bath or for Pirates sake it better be.... 

South Pitt 42

Gordonsville 14