Greenback, Huntingdon, Cornersville fan page.

Jobres76

Here's some interesting numbers:

Of the 10 teams Huntingdon played in regular season 3 have made it to the 2nd round - Waverly 2A ( we Defeated 63-42) . Milan 3A (we defeated 44-29) and Wayne Co 1A ( we defeated 46-22). 

Of the 10 teams Cornersville played in regular season MP is the only team still playing. Of course all of this means nadda really. Just was looking for some similarities between us and CVILLE and struggling to find any. Ya'll have run rough shod over everyone you played, however one has to question how good these teams were that you beat since none after this week are still playing. Indeed the scoreless streak is very impressive no matter who the foe! Can't take that away from Cville , but the cost of playing cupcakes could come back and haunt ya in the playoffs. js something to think about.

Also curious, has CVille trailed in any game this year? This too could effect the team, how well do they respond when another team goes up on them and they have to play from behind?

29 minutes ago, mustangpop2012 said:

Of the 10 teams Huntingdon played in regular season 3 have made it to the 2nd round - Waverly 2A ( we Defeated 63-42) . Milan 3A (we defeated 44-29) and Wayne Co 1A ( we defeated 46-22). 

Of the 10 teams Cornersville played in regular season MP is the only team still playing. Of course all of this means nadda really. Just was looking for some similarities between us and CVILLE and struggling to find any. Ya'll have run rough shod over everyone you played, however one has to question how good these teams were that you beat since none after this week are still playing. Indeed the scoreless streak is very impressive no matter who the foe! Can't take that away from Cville , but the cost of playing cupcakes could come back and haunt ya in the playoffs. js something to think about.

Also curious, has CVille trailed in any game this year? This too could effect the team, how well do they respond when another team goes up on them and they have to play from behind?

The schedule was made last year. Everyone was expecting Cornersville to be better in 17 but I would venture to guess that nobody knew we were gonna have the kind of season we had last year. Nothing we can do but play the games that are scheduled. Nobody has had a lead on the Bulldogs this season. The 20 points they have given up this year were in game 1 after the subs came in. They were leading that game big at the half. Its hard to trail in a game when you dont let the other team score.

Edited by leadfarmer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Riverside only beat eagleville by 1 point not sure how good riverside is they are 10=1

3 hours ago, mustangpop2012 said:

3 hours ago, fullbackdive said:

Eagleville. Probably Cornersville's stiffest competition this year, although they had no trouble with them whatsoever. Not sure how good Riverside is. Waverly beat them soundly by 21.

After looking at schedules I guess he was referring to Eagleville beating Wayne Co soundly, and Cornersville beating Eagleville pretty good. I think Wayne Co has improved quite a bit since earlier in the season. I wonder if they got some players back or moved some guys into different positions?

11 hours ago, mustangpop2012 said:

In strength of schedule in single A cornersville is 47th out of 52 and huntington is 27th. There the argument is settled.

Correction: Cornersville is 49th, greenback is 47th. huntington is tied with Lake county at 27th.

Edited by Outsider1998

14 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

In strength of schedule in single A cornersville is 47th out of 52 and huntington is 27th. There the argument is settled.

Correction: Cornersville is 49th, greenback is 47th. huntington is tied with Lake county at 27th.

Where are you getting these SOS rankings? I find this hard to believe. For example Greenback at 47th means there are only 5 teams in 1A  across the state with a weaker schedule with Cornersville being one of those 5?? That leaves 4. There are probably more teams than that just in our region with a weaker schedule not counting the other 7 regions. Is Sonny Moore’s SOS not accurate. Please someone...anyone....elaborate!!

34 minutes ago, Outsider1998 said:

Dont know how you could get that much weaker than Huntingdon's schedule.

Edited by horse

On 11/3/2018 at 10:56 AM, cherokee23 said:

What’s there even to talk about in the Cornersville vs Wayne County game? I mean they’re just another jv team on the schedule. Who y’all got next, probably gonna end up avoiding Huntingdon somehow and playing Tennessee School for the Blind.

Just another jv team on the schedule? Opinions are like a lot of things that everyone has, get my drift? WC may not be as impressive as they once was but they still play the same physical game they have always played. Anyone that has played us this year will probably agree to that no matter the outcome of the game.

6 minutes ago, Cat84 said:

Just another jv team on the schedule? Opinions are like a lot of things that everyone has, get my drift? WC may not be as impressive as they once was but they still play the same physical game they have always played. Anyone that has played us this year will probably agree to that no matter the outcome of the game.

If you’d read the Cornersville vs WC thread, I gave props to WC and my take on the game. The above post was a bash on Cornersville lol not WC. I know GB’s schedule isn’t strong either but 47th isn’t accurate because we’ve had 2 bye weeks.

49 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Where are you getting these SOS rankings? I find this hard to believe. For example Greenback at 47th means there are only 5 teams in 1A  across the state with a weaker schedule with Cornersville being one of those 5?? That leaves 4. There are probably more teams than that just in our region with a weaker schedule not counting the other 7 regions. Is Sonny Moore’s SOS not accurate. Please someone...anyone....elaborate!!

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/rankings/capsules.cfm?sportid=1

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/rankings/sos.cfm?sportid=1

Edited by Southtowner