CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

4 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

My man is gangsta right here !!!! CVille gonna be butt hurt like no butt hurt b4 !!!! Here it comes in. 5 4 3 2 1 go 

I don't know if it could reach the level of butt hurt that Huntingdon fans have shown for the last 358 days.

• Like 2

All smack talking aside, it’s going to be a great game and atmosphere for sure. Whoever wins is going to have a really tough game the following week at Lake Co. (most likely) as well.  It’s no secret nobody in Huntingdon knew who Cornersville was this time last year. I can promise you they do now, and they have the Mustangs full attention. It was amazing how in one year, in the preseason program, almost every player said the team they wanted to beat the most was Cornersville. They’ll get their chance Friday night!

1 hour ago, wildcat89 said:

For the last time, I am not jealous, I wouldn't want turf and I'm proud for you if you want it! What I been saying is there's not many 1A schools that can afford it. Huntingdon just seems to be an awful large community for 1A but numbers don't lie. I was just stirring the pot, didn't know y'all would get your feelings hurt this easily. 

I guess what I'm saying is if you want respect from others than try giving some, earn it don't buy it. 

First off, go read the dictionary for definition of jealous.  You might just find out it fits.

Every single Huntingdon fan knows about earning respect.  Ask our biggest rival, Milan, there is no love lose there but there a whole lot of respect.  It was earned by both sides.

You want to talk about size of community.  Huntingdon has 3,830 residents.  Waynesboro has 2,337.  I guess your right we are so much bigger.  However, here are some more stats for you.  Carroll Co has population of 27,860 with 5 high schools.  Wayne Co has population of 16,583 with 2 high schools, 3 if you count Frank Hughes.  Huntingdon is limited to basically the city limits to pull students from.  There are other school districts that pull the rural areas.

As far as getting my feelings hurt, if you think comments on a message board get me upset you are crazy.  I can tell you as a fan that did not grow up in Huntingdon but did have a son play.  There may be other towns that take as much pride in their football program but few will support it the way the Huntingdon community does.

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic