CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

8 hours ago, Waker said:

All of your hate on this tread is really surprising, Wildcat. Its out of character for you. The jealousy shown towards Huntingdon for having community support is just that. Jealousy. No one here is going to apologize for loving our kids. If the Wayne Co community came together to improve their facilities for their team to be proud of and other teams to look forward to playing on, I would applaud that. Not run them down. But, if that is what everyone wants to talk about to get as many pages this week, go at it. There are 16 pages so far. I’ve seen 1 post where it talked actual football. 

That was this morning when I got caught up talking smack with newbies, I'll be quiet and good luck this week 

12 hours ago, StangNation said:

Terrance bell: Bethel hall of fame

sadarious hutcherson: Gaurd/ South Carolina

theres others, that’s just 2 off the top of my head

Don't forget Tim Priest, All-American defensive back for UT and analyst for Vol broadcast. Also Bobby Hayes who was drafted by Broncos and was hurt in camp or would have been a star in the NFL. next fullback drafted behind Larry Csonka. There are several more over the years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, footballover said:

18 pages and no talk of football. I guess both teams know what to expect. #15 and #22 are the 2 studs for CV. Huntingdon will be keying on those 2 all game. Huntingdon has #7,8,9,13,15,16, and 85. All starters who have scored multiple td's this year. 

Do you think that those two have only been the ones that have scored heck we have had a lineman even score 

7 hours ago, couchpotato said:

You just keep making my point.

Whether you want to use the word or not, I will. You are jealous that the community of a 1A school is willing to invest so heavily in their program.

Wayne co or any other 1A school had the same opportunities as Huntingdon. 

One point that maybe you are not aware. Every Friday night during football season, over 25% of the student body is on the field as either a player, cheerleader, or band member. That does not count the rest that form the spirit line each week.

So yeah we are very PROUD of what Huntingdon has created. 

Will the results on the field always be what we want to see? Nope

But you know what, other than for 1 school in every division each year that happens to every team.

For the last time, I am not jealous, I wouldn't want turf and I'm proud for you if you want it! What I been saying is there's not many 1A schools that can afford it. Huntingdon just seems to be an awful large community for 1A but numbers don't lie. I was just stirring the pot, didn't know y'all would get your feelings hurt this easily. As for whoever made the comment about WC fans getting butt hurt after getting put out and jumping on band wagons, they're an idiot! I am proud for Cville and where their program has came. WC has a long history playing Cville and I have seen them at their lowest but there was sum1uno and cb10 supporting them the same as they do now, it's just classless to run them down and say they've been unheard of until last year. I had never heard of union city in 09 when they came in at 5-4 and beat my undefeated cats and knew nothing about Huntingdon in 2011 when WC went to Paul Ward and beat the all mighty mustangs. I guess what I'm saying is if you want respect from others than try giving some, earn it don't buy it. And if there's so much extra money laying around spend it on a good coach that can win the big ones! Huntingdon is the best regular season team in the state every year and the biggest choke in the post season, good luck friday

This game is going to be boring.... we are really on here arguing about Huntingdon having turf lol...

Huntingdon should be forced to spot the opposing team 2 TD’s each time they play at home because they have a turf field... That’ll solve all the issues here!!

Edited by GCPioneer

16 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

For the last time, I am not jealous, I wouldn't want turf and I'm proud for you if you want it! What I been saying is there's not many 1A schools that can afford it. Huntingdon just seems to be an awful large community for 1A but numbers don't lie. I was just stirring the pot, didn't know y'all would get your feelings hurt this easily. As for whoever made the comment about WC fans getting butt hurt after getting put out and jumping on band wagons, they're an idiot! I am proud for Cville and where their program has came. WC has a long history playing Cville and I have seen them at their lowest but there was sum1uno and cb10 supporting them the same as they do now, it's just classless to run them down and say they've been unheard of until last year. I had never heard of union city in 09 when they came in at 5-4 and beat my undefeated cats and knew nothing about Huntingdon in 2011 when WC went to Paul Ward and beat the all mighty mustangs. I guess what I'm saying is if you want respect from others than try giving some, earn it don't buy it. And if there's so much extra money laying around spend it on a good coach that can win the big ones! Huntingdon is the best regular season team in the state every year and the biggest choke in the post season, good luck friday

What has rice ever done other than the one season?and I said you were butthurt, not the other wc fans.

21 minutes ago, footballover said:

You dont have enough horses in the stable to keep up with the Stangs. Too much depth for the Mustangs. You will see soon in t-minus 6 days....

We heard the same thing for 6 days last year too. Then we had to hear y'all cry about it for almost a year.

Edited by leadfarmer

1 hour ago, Waker said:

It may be 50-48. Both can score.

I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on this game but if I was predicting a score it would be close to yours without naming a winner. I just don't see either team stopping the other from scoring. As for the lines, Cville has the advantage, hands down. Speed-Huntingdon, power running and line play-Cville. Going to be a fun game to watch

• CoachT locked this topic