CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

Was even thinking about going to church this morning.Started driving Yes to  Huntingdon.Figured Id hear a good sermon,Probably,something like.We may feel we are so powerful and better than everyone else,but in Gods eyes we are the same.Then I thought if the preacher said that,every Huntingdon faithful would stand up and walk out.So I turned around.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Im sure you are a great guy,nice post.But from the talk from Huntingdon fans.Cornersville fans may not feel welcome or comfortable there.They are like us.Proud small communities.They may feel like these places are too good for them.Just like the football team is

That’s a mrbigster problem. Dont put words in  Cornersville fans mouth. Huntingdon is also a proud small community. It’s really sad you have let yourself get like this. Talk football on this thread or go back to throwing jabs at Freedom Prep on yours. I have always pulled for Lake Co when they play anyone but Huntingdon, but fans like you make it really hard.

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Was even thinking about going to church this morning.Started driving Yes to  Huntingdon.Figured Id hear a good sermon,Probably,something like.We may feel we are so powerful and better than everyone else,but in Gods eyes we are the same.Then I thought if the preacher said that,every Huntingdon faithful would stand up and walk out.So I turned around.

As soon as lake county loses you will be the first on here whining and crying. How they were cheated by the refs.How the winning team was hold on every play,how they tackled the little falcons to hard.You do it every year,then you want to get on here and run that mouth about somebody else.You ain't cried about losing players to Dyersburg  in a while. that will be the next excuse. 

Edited by horse
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Is he a priest or the dude that played For Tenn when Moses was walking around?

I remember the kick-off Tim ran back against Lake Co in the 1965 Milan JC Bowl. Seems like game began with 2 kick-off returns for TD's. Played with Tim. Class act and maybe the best high school football player I've seen. Not the most talented but completely dominated games. Graduated #1 in his UT law class.

12 hours ago, footballover said:

Huntingdon QB got hit and landed on his head early in the game last year. Starting rb went down with a leg injury in the game and coaches didn't know how to respond. Knock on wood ALL the Mustangs are healthy this year heading into week 13

Mustangs lost #76 to a torn ACL in a preseason car accident. He was in my opinion amoung the best defensive tackles in west Tennessee. Strong fast and mean I sure missed getting to watch him play defense this season.

I finally had a chance to go back and reread last years thread because for some reason everyone seemed to remember it differently than I did.

For anyone to say that Huntingdon fans came on here and made excuses about losing, that is disingenuous.  Almost every poster came back and congratulated Cornersville for a hard fought victory.  

Several gave an opinion of things they did not like or did not agree with.  However, I challenge anyone to show me where any Huntingdon poster said those things are what cost us the game.

All kidding aside, if after Friday night Cornersville is moving on, I will be back to take my helping of crow.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guidance1812 said:

Unless I’m mistaken, that stone wall defense conrnersville had last year is the same but a year older, a year wiser, and according to stang fans I happen to be really good friends with , stangs had the better team last year than this year, stangs scoring 40 on cornersville just don’t sound sane, being no injuries either side, if you said it was gonna be a nail biter I might consider that reasonable, and keep that same attitude about lc, we love it!!! 

Wayne co put 26 on the so called stone wall defense.

Would you agree that Huntingdon's offense is better than Wayne Co?

• CoachT locked this topic