CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

17 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

A couple members of the Black Crowes lived in Cornersville way back when. Alf Batz ( former lead guitarist for Iron Maiden) lived there as well. His son Noah would have been a senior on last year's team. I never knew who the guy was. He would show up to practice in an F-350 pulling a horse trailer, wearing Carharts covered in mud. Never said a word about being a metal guitarist for one of the great 80's metal bands. I didn't find out who he was until years later.

I a big Black Crowes fan. Great band. I was responding to Shocker and all those great acts that try to make it up to Reelfoot Music Festival.

1 minute ago, Waker said:

I a big Black Crowes fan. Great band. I was responding to Shocker and all those great acts that try to make it up to Reelfoot Music Festival.

I can remember the Crowes having a jam session on flat tops in their backyard years back. I would park on the street beside their house and listen. Love the acoustic sound. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

CB surely you know that besides football Huntingdon is entertainment center of West Tennesse. Last week we had Ricky Scaggs at the "Dixie". Dec 07 Jason Isbell is in town. You need to pick up a few Huntingdon T-shirts while you're in town.

Man...hard luck on the timing at The Dixie...y'all have had some very good ones there, but to catch Skaggs on the day to "brag"...tough one!!! Call me when Pam Tillis and Lorrie Morgan show up.:wub:

2 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

I can remember the Crowes having a jam session on flat tops in their backyard years back. I would park on the street beside their house and listen. Love the acoustic sound. 

“Seeing Things” is one of my favorite all time tunes. I use to run the same circles and clubs down in Memphis as Luther Dickinson who played with those guys for a bit. He’s a class act. 

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Man...hard luck on the timing at The Dixie...y'all have had some very good ones there, but to catch Skaggs on the day to "brag"...tough one!!! Call me when Pam Tillis and Lorrie Morgan show up.:wub:

Pam Tillis was here a few months ago.

Edited by Waker

• CoachT locked this topic