Meigs County @ Trousdale County - Semifinals

MarsBlackmon

2 hours ago, KC1997TC said:

1980 and 1995 state runners up

Fellow named Robbie Scott played for meigs on the 1980 team and went on to play for the university of TN. 1995 team had a fellow named Tyrone Jenkins and a Blevins up for Mr. Football. The 95 team got handled in the state championship by Goodpasture. 

Edited by Mr. Postman1

12 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Keys to beating TC..

1. If you are a true spread team ( I dont know what you run) pray for dry conditions.. Or at least be able to line up with some kind of power formation and be able to run.

2. Look for deep slants. ( line has to do their job) we had them open all night, but our QB could not find the open receivers.

3. Have a physical fast defense. TC is fast, but they are not world beaters as they would like everyone to believe. 

4. Be able to stop the run. They run out of a lot of different formations with a lot of different backs, but make no bones about it, they will run.

5. Sell out on the run and make them beat you with the pass.

6. Have your boys be ready to be hit in the mouth..  Everybody has a plan until they get hit in the mouth. 

TC was built for sloppy field positions, because they can line up in tight formations ( wing T and I) and run it up your throat 3 yards at a time. 

agree ... supposed to be a good week weather wise

6 hours ago, TNfootballfan37 said:

Why would I think that would give them an edge? I was only responding to the comments about lack schedule strength. 

Actually it’s spelled M-E-I-G-S.....I didn’t ask nor did I say anything about Sequatchie. You said Meigs struggled with Marion. We did not play Marion. 

I have no idea what South Pitt wants. I live in Meigs County. 

One thing is for sure...I don’t recall ever playing a team that had the arrogance I’m witnessing in posts being made here. I know Meigs has a fan or two that’s made a few should I say uneducated posts.

I’m not making excuses for the schedule. But, no matter the team. As an adult I will never publicly demean a team, coach, or a kid. I guess as a Meigs County resident and fan I have no right to assume our young men will show up Friday night and give their all. Come time for the trip home win or lose, blowout or not I’ll still be proud of the effort our young men have put forth. 

It’s called being humble and appreciative. 

Wouldn't waste time with them bud. They aren't wanting to talk sensible football they just wanna attack us where they can I guess and schedule strength is a good spot to attack I guess as well. Although on the flip side of it if we were to win this game what good would those 3 losses they scheduled this season do them? 

34 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Wouldn't waste time with them bud. They aren't wanting to talk sensible football they just wanna attack us where they can I guess and schedule strength is a good spot to attack I guess as well. Although on the flip side of it if we were to win this game what good would those 3 losses they scheduled this season do them? 

We play who we schedule!Two years ago ours looked tuff just as yours may have,cant control that part.TC scheduled Whitwell who just happened to be good now but historically they are not and so on.So theirs worked out for them.Some of these teams around here are just bad.You all are about like us a good team that hasnt had to prove it yet.Well get ready we both have a large hill to climb,advance and survive!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

We play who we schedule!Two years ago ours looked tuff just as yours may have,cant control that part.TC scheduled Whitwell who just happened to be good now but historically they are not and so on.So theirs worked out for them.Some of these teams around here are just bad.You all are about like us a good team that hasnt had to prove it yet.Well get ready we both have a large hill to climb,advance and survive!

We are looking forward to it. As I'm sure you and yours are. 

If it was 3-3 at half time against Polk County, Meigs don't stand a chance...... Also I'm not sure Meigs or anyone else for that matter has an answer for Jake Gregory... I do hope TC doesn't run the same play over and over and over...... and over and over Friday night! But TC wins this one... TC wins the next one too

41 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

If it was 3-3 at half time against Polk County, Meigs don't stand a chance...... Also I'm not sure Meigs or anyone else for that matter has an answer for Jake Gregory... I do hope TC doesn't run the same play over and over and over...... and over and over Friday night! But TC wins this one... TC wins the next one too

lol Polk scored 25 points on Whitwell. TC scored 7, does that mean TC doesn’t have a chance NO, it means absolutely nothing. That was the worst half of football Meigs has played all year, they were just going through the motions, they got a little motivation at halftime by the coaches lol and scored 3 TD’s and took care of business. If TC just lines up and try’s to run start at Meigs. Than Meigs will win.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Yeah we didn't have a good game that night at least for a half we didn't. If your gonna judge Meigs as a team, and their season for 1/2 of a game we played you're gonna be surprised.

Edited by Imthayeti