4A Title Game #1 Greeneville Vs. Haywood

DevilMan03

Funny thing about two smart coaches ,they are both looking about 10 moves ahead in case the other coach brings a different twist to the game.My thoughts for Haywood is just see if the Devils can stop their run.My thoughts for the Devils is just see if Haywood can watch the bubble and deep ball while stopping the power run option as well.Glad I'm not a coach this week because it will be a long three days getting ready.Go Devils !

32 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

watching  film on HC.........humm....interesting challenge ahead for the Greene Machine

Watched them in person against BCS. They had the superior talent. We ran them to death. Conditioning was questionable but that was a long time ago in the heat. I guessed what caught my attention is that we have a 1 dimensional QB and that was enough. Also we were very young at Linebacker, 2 sophomores. Their secondary made some big mistakes by being out of position on the run and pass game. GHS superior on Defense to us, Much better QB in Ballard and we had no run power game like the Devils. BCS kicking game better as well. Even with the Devils.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

What do you think brother,toughest test for the Devils so far on defense ? Or can we put a bunch in the box and get it done.

definately not sullivan east, central or south....LOL....several, including DB tried the whole running the play clock down and running it right at us stuff...FAIL....ofcourse Haywood is a far site better than all of those. Dont see much if any of a passing threat....

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Watched them in person against BCS. They had the superior talent. We ran them to death. Conditioning was questionable but that was a long time ago in the heat. I guessed what caught my attention is that we have a 1 dimensional QB and that was enough. Also we were very young at Linebacker, 2 sophomores. Their secondary made some big mistakes by being out of position on the run and pass game. GHS superior on Defense to us, Much better QB in Ballard and we had no run power game like the Devils. BCS kicking game better as well. Even with the Devils.

I really respect your opinion coach

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HCRedPride said:

Pulling for Haywood all the way!! Will be tough but would like to see that 4A Gold ball in West TN!

Thanks HCRedPride.  We'll be pulling for the Patriots to bring the 5A gold ball back to Henry County and West Tennessee.

I'd also like to congratulate Cade Ballard on winning his 2nd straight Mr. Football Award.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BVDevil said:

definately not sullivan east, central or south....LOL....several, including DB tried the whole running the play clock down and running it right at us stuff...FAIL....ofcourse Haywood is a far site better than all of those. Dont see much if any of a passing threat....

I'd say they will line up and try to ram the run down our teams throat .I can see a wrinkle or two with the QB or a running  back throwing when we go all in for the run.I like our defensive end play and staying home against a team like this could be huge on reverses and bootlegs.All that is after we just stop the straight power and sweep type plays out of the gate.I'd bet money they will bring several plays that are not on flim .Just hearing their coach talk,you know he is a very smart and crafty coach.My guess is they will be all over a couple of our plays and have a spy on our QB.To me,like most games against other quality teams,it will come down to the big guys and who plays a clean game.Second thought,no need,go Devils:thumb:

Edited by BatmanDevil

I've seen Greeneville play maybe 6 times over the last couple of years. They're so physical and do so many things on offense that its hard to load up to stop any one thing because Ballard is just a super high school QB with many more weapons at his disposal than just Hite and Goddard. 

Defensively they are big and really get after you. Dobyns-Bennett had an excellent power running game at the 6A level and couldn't muster anything more than a FG on them. Add to it that this (Blue Cross Bowl) is old hat to the Greeneville staff and players, so I'll go with Greeneville by 3 TD, and that's being conservative.