Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

Good to hear.  I love close scrimmages because the kids usually see where they are.  I’m in Huntsville with the wife at an FCA kickoff show.  Music was Anthem Lights and For King and Country.  Sadie Robertson is the speaker and she did a great job.  I admit I was skeptical, but she impressed.  

Fyi...God is our true Ambassador.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Maybe in the regular season will change, but I thought you would always put your best 11 on the field and we didn't do that  last night. I know a starting O Lineman and D lineman were out, but #8 has got to be on the field 90% of the time for us .  I know it's early but if you can't form tackle and know how to block your in the wrong game. People can get mad at me or whatever, but I hate Daddy and Mama ball.  Just bc you think you earned a spot to be able to start this year doesn't mean jack if you can't go out there and show it.  And please if someone in the QB club could get Coach Grider 10 bucks to buy some wasp spray to kill those pesky thing's around the press box that would be nice.  Overall and I know it's early, we have a huge, huge way of improvement to go, not just alot.  Still seems like watching a rerun on TV, but until we can pass the ball, people are going to load the box. 

Lots of film to study and lots of mistakes to correct. Pirates have A LOT of talent, and Vic will utilize that as always. We need to wrap up better but this is the first scrimmage and those are always a little sloppy. It’s been a while so the team and town seem hungry for a gold ball. Should be a fun season and I see it only getting better from here.  Man that Nelson family looks nice in orange n black by the way lol 

1 hour ago, sportman said:

Maybe in the regular season will change, but I thought you would always put your best 11 on the field and we didn't do that  last night. I know a starting O Lineman and D lineman were out, but #8 has got to be on the field 90% of the time for us .  I know it's early but if you can't form tackle and know how to block your in the wrong game. People can get mad at me or whatever, but I hate Daddy and Mama ball.  Just bc you think you earned a spot to be able to start this year doesn't mean jack if you can't go out there and show it.  And please if someone in the QB club could get Coach Grider 10 bucks to buy some wasp spray to kill those pesky thing's around the press box that would be nice.  Overall and I know it's early, we have a huge, huge way of improvement to go, not just alot.  Still seems like watching a rerun on TV, but until we can pass the ball, people are going to load the box. 

I agree we’re having a problem throwing the ball right now. Against some of the teams on our schedule that can get us in a really sticky situation.  We did have a couple drives where we completed passes across the middle. A lot of our issue throwing the ball was pressure on the QB. To be as big as we are we did get pushed around some too.  As far as the minutes they are giving players, it’s a summer scrimmage and Vic sees a run coming this year so why chance getting some very important players banged up before the season even starts?

29 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

I agree we’re having a problem throwing the ball right now. Against some of the teams on our schedule that can get us in a really sticky situation.  We did have a couple drives where we completed passes across the middle. A lot of our issue throwing the ball was pressure on the QB. To be as big as we are we did get pushed around some too.  As far as the minutes they are giving players, it’s a summer scrimmage and Vic sees a run coming this year so why chance getting some very important players banged up before the season even starts?

That did lay on my mind about not getting anyone hurt.  I liked #9 at TE. Big target at 6'6 . Also the FB pass was a bad throw or could have scored. 

16 minutes ago, sportman said:

Also I liked Hunter Frame on the XP. It looked really good.  The other XP from the other kid was a dying duck.  I didn't know Hunter kicked left footed.  Of coarse I didn't know the kid every one talked about that was kicking the stuffing out of the ball went back home. 

What made that XP more impressive was the fact that it was a high snap and Sanders was holding it basically from a standing position.