Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

3 hours ago, sportman said:

Lots better team effort last night. I know the competition wasn't as good, but they were a decent team with a huge O line and big QB.  I know we could have put 50 on them easy, but Grider was a good guy to that Wilson mans bunch.  QB play still a little sloppy and DE's need to learn how to stay outside and keep the play's on the inside. I'm sure The Captain will have this ship in the right direction in a few more weeks.  Where last weeks game I would have graded us at a D- I would say last night was about a C or B-. 

Sportman what kind of mess is this? Grider needs to make our end lineman stand up and bull rush that lineman I front of him and nock him in the backfield so the passer couldnt give the ball to the runner.  You think im joking but im not. 

Old Pirate says the Pirate play was better. Big question, was it really improvement or jest a weaker opponent? OP ain’t a nary bit you convinced the Pirates have found their balance & footing. Point here is the battles are surely coming, the gun powder appears damp, the shipmates appear dizzy and the waters haven’t become the least bit choppy yet! 

• Upvote 1

We have a long way to go and a short time to get there.  I have not, I repeat,  I have not seen anything these last 2 scrimmages that has impressed me in any way, shape or form.

We have 2 quarters of jamboree dress rehearsal then the season will be upon us. 

I realize these last couple weeks are only a scrimmage and we have done well in the injury department.   But it's time to step up and leave your mark on this program.  

Keep working.  Keep digging down deep.  Give it everything you've got and then some.  Football is coming!  

Just now, Southtowner said:

We have a long way to go and a short time to get there.  I have not, I repeat,  I have not seen anything these last 2 scrimmages that has impressed me in any way, shape or form.

I realize these last couple weeks are only a scrimmage and we have done well in the injury department.   But it's time to step up and leave your mark on this program.  

Keep working.  Keep digging down deep.  Give it everything you've got and then some.  Football is coming!  

What seems to be the problem? Ink ow Watertown was a rough scrimmage, but they should be a pretty strong team in 2A. It's ok to have a hard time with those teams.

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

8FE42C3F-7D83-47E0-9DC9-BB411196F890.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

You do realize we have only showed a few plays and ran in and out a ton of different people right? That's what scrimmages in the preseason are for. You want to see depth and who you can rely on behind your starters. We will be fine for Sequatchie and even better for Grundy.

I thought they were a little better. Vic put em thru the ringer at Thursday's practice...I thought that and the heat might of took some poison out of the stinger Friday. Still some mental breakdowns that has to be cleaned up and still need to wrap up. No ones scored a TD yet in 2 scrimmages that's the big boys and the freshman. I guess that's a good sign. That #2 can be special one day when the light finally comes on. 

2 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Where you at bass??

animated_1565455267130001_1565455273497.gif

Is he waiting to get a good story?....hard to be in 4 or 5 places at the same time.  I'm beginning to think him and that o& bk feller  might be the same person. He just might be 4 or 5 people on here. I hope he ain't that helmet boy too Or even one of them jailhouse fellers. Talk around the cannon is he might be ole Murphy himself.