Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

5 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Honestly, Bass is correct in his saying that we normally have 38-42. 48 is a huge class. Usually by now we have a bunch drop out to bring us down to the low 40s. This year has just been different.

I know it’s a different year. And I know he is right  about what the numbers normally are. My beef is he chooses to tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about when he is the one that doesn’t. He can’t rely on the way things “normally are” to tell this year’s story. 

13 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

But every time I have mentioned to Bass that you guys have 60 out for football he has called me out for supposedly making it up. SMH.....

I have never ONE TIME disputed SP having 60 players this season. Go ahead and spend your day looking back where I said that... you won’t find it because what you just said is a made up statement.

11 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I have never ONE TIME disputed SP having 60 players this season. Go ahead and spend your day looking back where I said that... you won’t find it because what you just said is a made up statement.

Thats not exactly what he is saying.He said you basically said HE doesnt know that to be a fact and that is what you said to all of us who mentioned it.You said i will have to see it to believe it And IF we do most all wont see the field.Well with a rotation of 27 players that really close to half.LOL.So you both are right "basically":thumb:

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Thats not exactly what he is saying.He said you basically said HE doesnt know that to be a fact and that is what you said to all of us who mentioned it.You said i will have to see it to believe it And IF we do most all wont see the field.Well with a rotation of 27 players that really close to half.LOL.So you both are right "basically":thumb:

To respond to your statement. Yes, I said I will have to see 60 to believe it once the season started. Meaning, yes everyone has known for months they had 60 kids out. I am just very surprised they still have that many kids out on the team. I never disagreed that they had 60 out this season. As a matter of fact I referenced many times how that was extremely odd for an SP team to have numbers out of the 40’s. I still hold to my belief that most of them won’t see the field unless it’s at end of some games. The only part I disputed with him was saying “SP is the best and it won’t be close. They will have unmatched depth.”

I’ve watched SP for years. I’d be willing to bet they still have a whole lot of kids having to play both ways this season. Maybe I’m wrong and they will end up being two platoon. Again, I will have to see it to believe it. 

7 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

To respond to your statement. Yes, I said I will have to see 60 to believe it once the season started. Meaning, yes everyone has known for months they had 60 kids out. I am just very surprised they still have that many kids out on the team. I never disagreed that they had 60 out this season. As a matter of fact I referenced many times how that was extremely odd for an SP team to have numbers out of the 40’s. I still hold to my belief that most of them won’t see the field unless it’s at end of some games. The only part I disputed with him was saying “SP is the best and it won’t be close. They will have unmatched depth.”

I’ve watched SP for years. I’d be willing to bet they still have a whole lot of kids having to play both ways this season. Maybe I’m wrong and they will end up being two platoon. Again, I will have to see it to believe it. 

Like i said you both are right.We can only go on what is fact for now not the future you are predicting that number will fall and MOST of the time it does.BUT for now BPM is right on,a team with 60 players can and will play more than the typical 15 or 16 kids a 35 to 45 player team will.I was glad to hear we have around 45 thats a GREAT number for us too.With the possibility to add a couple more maybe when school starts but those kids usually dont add to the actually playing depth.

14 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I agree with you to an extent.  Back when Jasper was having 80 players out I made the statement that numbers can really lie because out of 80 at the time I thought thy only had about 13 good players which to your point did play both ways. While I won't get into detail I'll just say the pirates are blessed this year. I am excited to see our d line. You can't miss it.

48 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I said it the other day and you told me I was full of it. Does that one count?  You know every time that I have said it you replied by saying they never have more than 40 something and you would have to see it yourself to believe it. Heck O & B just told you that. So I don’t know what you call “disputing” but every time I have said you always said you would have to see it to believe it instead of taking my word for it. 

43 minutes ago, powerp said:

I agree with you to an extent.  Back when Jasper was having 80 players out I made the statement that numbers can really lie because out of 80 at the time I thought thy only had about 13 good players which to your point did play both ways. While I won't get into detail I'll just say the pirates are blessed this year. I am excited to see our d line. You can't miss it.

I have said for awhile The Power P Pirates are the team to beat in 1 A this year !!! I know when GB gels towards end of season they will be tough but these Pirate fellas been playing together for years !!!! It all starts in the locker room imo, The South Pitt fellas are playing for and next to fellas they wanna win with and for !!!! Everyone that doubts better recognize its Power P Gold in 1 and 2 A this year !!!!!!

Edited by PeabodyPride
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I said it the other day and you told me I was full of it. Does that one count?  You know every time that I have said it you replied by saying they never have more than 40 something and you would have to see it yourself to believe it. Heck O & B just told you that. So I don’t know what you call “disputing” but every time I have said you always said you would have to see it to believe it instead of taking my word for it. 

Bigpurplemachine man I garuntee you ought to worry about that Childress mans practice rules and educate  that Pettigrew man and not worry about how many boys Grider had on his team.  You think im joking but im not. 

1 hour ago, powerp said:

K.C. and the Sunshine Band would hold a whine and cheese party if they didn't have at least 65 dressed out.  Old K.C. used to be good about playing a lot of people on the better years.

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know it’s a different year. And I know he is right  about what the numbers normally are. My beef is he chooses to tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about when he is the one that doesn’t. He can’t rely on the way things “normally are” to tell this year’s story. 

That was probably me that said that.  SP has never dressed out 60 players in the past.  It wouldn't surprise me if Grider kicked that out there for your benefit.  :roflol: