Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

42 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I believe he’s talking about kids possibly playing special teams. When it comes to offense and defense I am betting on many of them being the same kids playing both sides. I guess we will see the first game. 

25= hypotenuse× 5 = 25/ 11

I get it now

5 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

He never had a fight go 15, but then he only had one that was scheduled to go that long, most were scheduled for 10 or 12 rounds. Out of the fights he had that went 10 rounds or more he was 6-2, with 5 of those wins coming by unanimous decision.

Which fight was that?

Matches were beginning to be reduced to 12 rounds a few months after the 14 round  Ray 'Boom Boom' Mancini fight against South Korean Duk Koo Kim in Nov 1982 which resulted in Kim's death.  

That fight was nationally televised.   

40 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Which fight was that?

Matches were beginning to be reduced to 12 rounds a few months after the 14 round  Ray 'Boom Boom' Mancini fight against South Korean Duk Koo Kim in Nov 1982 which resulted in Kim's death.  

That fight was nationally televised.   

That was actually a 15 round fight but was stopped on a TKO to end of the 14th round.  Mancini never realized Kim died until later after leaving the arena.  Mancini had a tendency to hold back after that.  Kim was quoted as saying "Either he dies or I die" before the fight and left a note in his room to that effect as well. After the fight, Mancini's left eye was swollen shut and his left hand was swollen 2x its normal size requiring the glove to be cut off. 

Edited by rlh

5 minutes ago, rlh said:

That was actually a 15 round fight but was stopped on a TKO to end of the 14th round.  Mancini never realized Kim died until later after leaving the arena.  Mancini had a tendency to hold back after that.  Kim was quoted as saying "Either he dies or I die" before the fight and left a note in his room to that effect as well. After the fight, Mancini's left eye was swollen shut and his left hand was swollen 2x its normal size requiring the glove to be cut off. 

I watched the fight live.  I was a huge Boom Boom Mancini fan.  I've read stories of how that fight affected Boom Boom. 

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I watched the fight live.  I was a huge Boom Boom Mancini fan.  I've read stories of how that fight affected Boom Boom. 

I was a Mancini fan as well.  I was annoyed that he was allowed to fight Bramble when he did.  Bramble was allowed to run his mouth.  Bramble was a bum that got lucky in the 1st fight and won a narrow scoring decision on the new system put in place ironically because of the Kim fight. I think he held back on punching Bramble and Camacho and tried to win by taking a beating.  Danny "Little Red" Lopez was another one I liked back then.

Edited by rlh