Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

To respond to your statement. Yes, I said I will have to see 60 to believe it once the season started. Meaning, yes everyone has known for months they had 60 kids out. I am just very surprised they still have that many kids out on the team. I never disagreed that they had 60 out this season. As a matter of fact I referenced many times how that was extremely odd for an SP team to have numbers out of the 40’s. I still hold to my belief that most of them won’t see the field unless it’s at end of some games. The only part I disputed with him was saying “SP is the best and it won’t be close. They will have unmatched depth.”

I’ve watched SP for years. I’d be willing to bet they still have a whole lot of kids having to play both ways this season. Maybe I’m wrong and they will end up being two platoon. Again, I will have to see it to believe it. 

Just for record they have 61...you have to count one twice!!

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I said it the other day and you told me I was full of it. Does that one count?  You know every time that I have said it you replied by saying they never have more than 40 something and you would have to see it yourself to believe it. Heck O & B just told you that. So I don’t know what you call “disputing” but every time I have said you always said you would have to see it to believe it instead of taking my word for it. 

I was never disputing the 60 players. I was disputing you saying they had more depth and no one could compete with them. I’ve been in Harvey’s a few times and heard we had 60 kids. I wasn’t disputing the 60 number. I was disputing you saying SP had all this superior depth. I’ve never seen a SP team two platoon with kids only playing one way.  I will have to see it to believe it. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

I was never disputing the 60 players. I was disputing you saying they had more depth and no one could compete with them. I’ve been in Harvey’s a few times and heard we had 60 kids. I wasn’t disputing the 60 number. I was disputing you saying SP had all this superior depth. I’ve never seen a SP team two platoon with kids only playing one way.  I will have to see it to believe it. 

27 kid rotation is ALOT!Most years we only have about 8 more total.LOL

Edited by orngnblk

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Like i said you both are right.We can only go on what is fact for now not the future you are predicting that number will fall and MOST of the time it does.BUT for now BPM is right on,a team with 60 players can and will play more than the typical 15 or 16 kids a 35 to 45 player team will.I was glad to hear we have around 45 thats a GREAT number for us too.With the possibility to add a couple more maybe when school starts but those kids usually dont add to the actually playing depth.

I understand what you’re saying about numbers. However, I just don’t believe they will have that many kids playing offense and defense. I still think a lot of kids will be playing both ways for SP. Again, I will have to see it to believe it as fas as two platooning goes. 

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

27 kid rotation is ALOT!Most years we only have about 8 more total.LOL

I saw that interview this morning on YouTube. I’m thinking he’s talking about possibly kids playing special teams as well. I do not think they will have 27 kids playing offense and defense in minutes that matter. 27 would be A LOT if it was offense and defense. Again, I will wait until game 1 to see if this holds up. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You said on numerous occasions that you would have to see 60 before you believed. That is fact. But let me ask you this. If that not superior depth name the other 1A teams that will dress in the 60’s. Even Greenback your biggest competitor has less than 40. Name them please. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You said on numerous occasions that you would have to see 60 before you believed. That is fact. But let me ask you this. If that not superior depth name the other 1A teams that will dress in the 60’s. Even Greenback your biggest competitor has less than 40. Name them please. 

PHS isnt 1A but has 1 A enrollment and we will dress 70 this year.... I know I know still 2A