#17 Gonzaga (Washington, DC) (9-3) 22
#18 St. Joseph Regional (Montvale, New Jersey) (10-2) 19
#19 Miami Central (Florida) (9-3) 16
#20 Corona Centennial (California) (12-1) 25
#21 Westlake (Austin, TX) (12-1) 24
#22 Chandler (Arizona) (13-1) 32
#23 Aledo (Texas) (13-0) 23
#24 Alcoa (Tennessee) (15-0) 31

ALCOA is the Highest Ranked Team in the state of Tennessee......

And, the #24 Ranked Team in the Nation.

...........so just much for your IFL opinions Ha!

High School National Rankings

Image result for alcoa high school football

I think Alcoa is the best team in the state this year, but Im biased. Greeneville,  Oakland, BA, etc could all make a valid argument. However, when you logically compare the teams,  one objective comparison stands out. Oakland lost to maryville on the rebs home field, Alcoa won that awesome, tough game at Maryville.  

No other undefeated team has that high of a quality win. 

Edited by 32hammer

4 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I think Alcoa is the best team in the state this year, but Im biased. Greeneville,  Oakland, BA, etc could all make a valid argument. However, when you logically compare the teams,  one objective comparison stands out. Oakland lost to maryville on the rebs home field, Alcoa won that awesome, tough game at Maryville.  

No other undefeated team has that high of a quality win. 

IMO, that's a valid point in week 2 of the season. Oakland was missing several key players.

At the end of the season, I would disagree that Alcoa is better than Oakland. The Alcoa team I saw at the beginning of the season wasn't nearly the same team I saw when they played Maryville.

Oakland was playing it's most dominant football during the last 5 weeks.

Again, just my opinion. There are several good arguments for several teams.

4 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

Alcoa almost lost to Upperman also lol. That poll is basically saying Alcoa is up there with like Allen and others lol yea right 

Ha. Alcoa won in the qtr finals to a 13-0 team by 2 tds on a field the looked more like a rain soaked cat liter box. Upperman plan was to hold the ball to the last tick of the 25 sec clock to slow the game as much as possible. (Almost lost....what a joke.)

That poll goes by the Fact that Alcoa beat the, at the time, the #1 team in TN and #71 ranked team in the Nation, Maryville on there own field. Something that had not happened since 2010. not even #1 6A Oakland that played there two weeks earlier.

That poll also goes by the fact the Alcoa has the most state championships in state history and the winning-est coach in TN history. 

Another thing to remember is Alcoa's 2018 team was made up of 2/3's Sophomores. So, if you think your puss puss team wants some and wants to be on ESPN crawl out from under your momma's apron and bring it! sissy boy!

43 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

IMO, that's a valid point in week 2 of the season. Oakland was missing several key players.

At the end of the season, I would disagree that Alcoa is better than Oakland. The Alcoa team I saw at the beginning of the season wasn't nearly the same team I saw when they played Maryville.

Oakland was playing it's most dominant football during the last 5 weeks.

Again, just my opinion. There are several good arguments for several teams.

Your opinion is justified.  Oakland was a great team . Oakland did redeem their loss to Maryville, but alas they did have that loss. A loss that Alcoa in the same situation did not have this year. Again, this is all just thoughts and opinions and I am very respectful of yours. However, on the field , Alcoa this year came through every time and I think I can provide evidence they did it against a tougher schedule than any other undefeated team.  

10 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Your opinion is justified.  Oakland was a great team . Oakland did redeem their loss to Maryville, but alas they did have that loss. A loss that Alcoa in the same situation did not have this year. Again, this is all just thoughts and opinions and I am very respectful of yours. However, on the field , Alcoa this year came through every time and I think I can provide evidence they did it against a tougher schedule than any other undefeated team.  

I think you can make a legitimate case for about 4-5 teams for best team this year. Would be great to see a classic type set up bewteen the state champions

7 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Let's be honest here. Losing Tee Hodge hurt but it wasn't the difference between a win and a loss

Being very honest. Murvul without Hodge was a HUGE loss for Murvul. Difference between a win or loss, who knows? However, without him Murvul is a totally different team. If we are being totally honest here, im sure there wasn’t one Oakland fan, player or coach that wasn’t relieved when the news came out that Hodge would be grounded for the rematch..

2 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Being very honest. Murvul without Hodge was a HUGE loss for Murvul. Difference between a win or loss, who knows? However, without him Murvul is a totally different team. If we are being totally honest here, im sure there wasn’t one Oakland fan, player or coach that wasn’t relieved when the news came out that Hodge would be grounded for the rematch..

Not gonna dispute that, but it would have been a fatal mistake to underestimate Maryville bc of one injury. Injuries are a part of the game, Oakland has had their fair share of key players out for games against Maryville. You'll never hear me get excited about the injury to another player, and I doubt any Oakland folks on here would either

35 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Murvul without Tee Hodge! Enough said!!!

They didn't cross the 50 all night. He's a great player, but not crossing the 50? Not sure his playing would've changed the outcome.

Oakland didn't play Murvul all 5 weeks of the postseason. I said they were playing their best football the last 5 weeks of the year.

Again, there are several teams who could make a case. 

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not gonna dispute that, but it would have been a fatal mistake to underestimate Maryville bc of one injury. Injuries are a part of the game, Oakland has had their fair share of key players out for games against Maryville. You'll never hear me get excited about the injury to another player, and I doubt any Oakland folks on here would either

Agreed. I NEVER like to hear of other young men injured to the point of not playing. 

He is most definitely a baller! But we only beat them by 3 the year before without Hopkins!

Of course, lots of factors were different. Just saying that all teams have to get through injuries. Part of the game.

7 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

The work excited was never mentioned. Big difference between that and relieved...:thumb: